In My Eyes- Chapter Five

**Caution: Some Course Language**

5. Introduction to Recovery of Mojo, taught by Ima Arss

The entire math lesson Emilee stared out the window, that familiar dreamy expression on her face. I was tense the whole time, waiting for her to pounce on me with some crazy ninja moves. I wouldn’t be surprised if she tried karate chop me.

“Miss Willows,” the annoying teacher said. “Miss Willows.”

There was no answer. Of course.

“Miss Willows, what is one plus one?”

Emilee eyes widened and a bright smile lit up her face. “Window!”

Say what?

The teacher stared at her with a defeated expression on his face, shaking his head. He prattled on about homework, his hair flicking around floppily like a greasy fish. I glanced at Emilee and shuddered.

For a second there I imagined her filling up my locker with cheese balls. And laughing. Evilly.

What the hell is happening to me? Why am I thinking these things? She’s brainwashed me! She’s an alien! Not human!

AARGH! I’M GOING INSANE!

Okay, Christopher. Take a deep breath. A deep breath. You are normal. You are normal. Not crazy.

Just like that, I started thinking about that bug that could be transferred that made you depressed. What if there was a bug that made you crazy? And she gave it to me!

The breathing definitely didn’t work.

After the bell rang, the weird teacher told us to do the work and we all stood. Emilee was back to her dreamy state, though it wasn’t as potent as before.

“Come on, baby,” Dana cooed and I looked away from the energetic human. My mate smiled enticingly at me and I almost groaned. I still haven’t fed. I need blood!

“I’m coming,” I replied, hating how I sounded so needy. It was the hunger talking. Definitely the hunger. I wonder if she’d be mad at me if I took a little sip…?

Nah, I don’t want to end up like Paul and his mate. As much as Dana’s body was pretty much irresistible, I didn’t really want to be attached to it everyday of my life. I have my own life to live.

“Ugh,” my mate sighed and turned to look at Emilee. “She’s off with the fairies again. Emilee, Emilee, Emilee!”

She didn’t answer. “Come on, Emilee, we’re going to be late!”

Emilee jolted out of her dreamy state and turned to us.

The bell rang. Crap.

“EMILEE!” Dana cried, frustrated.

“Coming Day!” Emilee replied and jumped up. We all ran out of the room and down the hall. Apparently our Home Economics teacher was the devil reincarnate. I doubted it, though. We hadn’t had one of them in three hundred years- ever since I was a boy. Dana started lagging behind us, her face scarlet with exertion. Her black-haired friend was racing in front of us. The way her body moved reminded me a gazelle. A hyper gazelle.

It was around five minutes after the bell when we entered the Home Ec. room. For some reason, the teacher hadn’t arrived yet and everyone was just lounging around. Emilee let out a breath of relief and I rolled my eyes.