Part 7

I watched as Dr.Carson pulled my IV out and replace it with a bandaid.
"Good as new." He said with a soft smile.
"Thanks. I feel a million times better." I said as I stood up.
"Remember take it easy the rest of the day. Okay?"
"Yeah yeah I know. Thanks again." I said and walked out. I knew I should just go to my room and relax but I was bored. Honestly, going out on runs is what keeps me sane. I walked over to the kitchen to see what was going on.
"Prudence!" Jen called out. I walked over to her and smiled.
"Hey Jen. Need any help?" I asked.
"Actually you can peel those potatoes if you want." She said motioning to the basket of washed potatoes on the counter.
"Sure. I can do that." I told her as I picked up a peeler and started on the task.
"So how was the big event?" She asked referring to the confrontation with ricks group.
"Let's just say I think they got the message."
"That's good. Hopefully they stop killing our people. They got Linsey's husband at the satellite base." Jen sighed.
"I know. But I think they caught the drift. Negan was scary."
"Wow. That means a lot coming from you."
"Yeah, he shocked me with how he handled it." I shrugged. "Guess we will see." I grabbed another potato. "How have you been?"
"Oh the same old same old. Working."
"And how's James?"
"He's good. He doesn't go on risky runs like you do. Thank god." I smiled.
"Yeah. Not like I have a wife and kid to worry about like he does." Jen placed her hand on the obvious bump that graced her abdomen. "When are you due again?"
"In three more months."
"Wow. I can't even imagine how excited you are." I lied. I had a child young but was forced to give it up. But it made me happy that she was happy.
"Yeah. I'm totally nesting," she gushed. She kept talking about it but I sort of toned her out as I peeled more potatoes. A loud roar snapped me out of my daze. I jumped and looked back to see Negan.
"Well?" He asked loudly.
"Well what?" I asked confused. He let out an irritated groan.
"I said what the hell are you doing?"
"Peeling potatoes,obviously." I replied with a bit of attitude. His nose scrunched as he walked over to me,Jen quickly getting out of his way. "What?"
"The hell do you think you're doing? The doctor told you to rest." He told me.
"Negan. I'm peeling a damn potato. It is rest compared to my actual job."
"Go fuckin lay down." He ordered me. I glared back at him. Our stare down must have lasted a while because Jen had to interrupt.
"Prudence, we got it. Go lay down." She said making me break eye contact with Negan to look at her. I gave a defeated sigh and handed her the peeler.
"Fine," I said storming out of the kitchen. I heard heavy footsteps following me and looked back. "I can find my own way thank." I said as Negan followed me.
"Can you? Because looks like you ended up in the fucking kitchen and not your room."
"I'm not the type to laze around and do nothing. You know that."
"You fucking passed out and needed an IV. So don't bullshit me Doll. You've been pushing yourself too much." I growled and turned around to face him.
"You don't get to tell me if I'm pushing too hard. I know what I'm doing. I'm fine."
"Either way ,you're on the Kingdoms runs for now." My eye twitched.
"What?! Nothing interesting ever happens on those runs!" I shouted at him. He growled.
"Watch you're fucking tone with me Prudence!" He shouted, taking me aback. He never used my whole name like that. He's right though. I forget he's the leader sometimes. I took a breath and nodded.
"You're right. I'm sorry." I told him apologetically. He let out a sigh.
"Good. Now go to your damn room and rest. I'll have someone bring you your food." I nodded and walked toward my room,for real this time. Negan was honestly terrifying when he was mad.

I walked into my room and sat on my bed. I didn't mind the group who goes to the Kingdom. Gavin was the head of the group and he and I got along okay. It's just that it's so routine. The kingdom never stepped out of line. Not once. They were the epitome of providers for us. Which made it so boring. I got up and walked into the bathroom to take the shower I intended to take when I first got back.
I stripped my clothes off quickly and stepped into the shower. Turning it on as hot as it would go,which wasn't too hot. I let out a content sigh. I needed this. As i washed my hair my mind wondered to the RV. When Negan kissed me. I could remember the feeling of his lips on mine. How natural it felt. I shook my head. No. No. You are NOT falling for that man. Even if he was dangerously handsome and reeking with sex appeal. I growled at myself and turned the water to cold to try to shock myself. Sort of like a conversion therapy. I didn't want to think of him like that. Besides he's balls deep in four other woman and I wanted no part of that mess. I rinsed myself off then stepped out,wrapping a towel around my damp body. I dried off a bit then went to my room to grab some clothes. A pair of sweat pants and plain grey tshirt would due. I wrapped my hair in the towel and sat at the small table I had,reaching for a book I had been reading. It was a Stephen king novel with some clown in it. I wasn't much of a reader pre-end of the world but not like I had much choice now. As soon as I started to get into it a knock brought me back. I put my bookmark back then got the door. I opened it to see Arat. I smiled.
"Hey," I said letting her in. She walked in and placed a tray of food on my table.
"You okay? Heard you got sent to the Doc." She said looking at me worriedly.
"Arat I'm fine. I just forgot to eat and I passed out."
"You passed out? Really? The girl who took out 13 guys in a row during a sneak attack?" She asked amused.
"Yeah yeah I know. It's funny. But now Negan has me on the Kingdom runs until he sees fit." I complained to her as I took a bite of my French frys. She was giving me a look, one that had a gossipy undertone. "What?"
"You and him a thing?" She asked with a sly smirk.
"What?  No! Why would you even say that?"
"Because he's so protective of you. And you two have so much chemistry. Not to mention the lusty tension." I chocked on my fry.
"Lusty tension?" I asked.
"Oh yeah. The way he undresses you with his eyes. You haven't noticed?"
"No! He's not doing that. He's probably just glaring in annoyance to be honest." Arat shrugged as she walked to my door.
"Maybe. Have fun at the Kingdom runs." She told me as she left,closing the door behind her. I finished my food and ended up finishing my book too. After that all I did was brush my teeth and hit the hay.