Part 8*

I was jolted awake by three harsh bangs on my door. I shook the sleep from my head and ran over to the door. I opened it and there stood Gavin. He looked me up and down.
"You just woke up?" He asked.
"Yeah. Literally on the last knock." I laughed scratching the back of my head.
"Well, we're heading out in about an hour. Meet us at the gate."
"Gotcha." He nodded and left. I quickly changed into a tank top,jeans,my black steel toed boots and bomber jacket. I brushed my hair quickly and ran down to the dining hall. I ran to the front of the line and held my hand out. A girl,Linda I think her name was, handed me a tray. "Thanks." I said with a smile and walked over to my usual table with the rest of the female saviors.
"Running Late?" Gina asked. I nodded with a mouth full of omelette. She chuckled. "Yeah. Heard Negan put you on Kingdom runs."
"He did." I said with a full mouth. "I yelled at him." Ginas eyes widened.
"Shit. And you're still alive?" She joked.
"Of corse she is. You think He'd ever actually punish her?" Becca asked.
"True. Prudence is his favorite savior. Probably likes you more then his wives." Liz said laughing.
"Ugh. You guys are terrible. He just knows that he doesn't scare me." I said trying to reason with them.
"Girl. You're blind." Izzie told me. I shoved the last bit of food in my mouth and finished.
"You're all nuts. Now if you don't mind I'm off to my boring day." I stood up and took my tray to the front then jogged outside. Gavin and his crew were already waiting. I stopped halfway to them. "Shit,"
"What?" Gavin asked annoyed.
"I forgot my gun."
"You won't need it, let's go." He said motioning for me to sit in the cab with him and another guy. I nodded and sat down. Off we went. I sat there feeling naked without my gun. I let out an annoyed groan as I put my head back. "It'll be a quick run. It always is." Gavin told me.
"Yeah I know. No offense but it's boring as fuck. Nothing happens. I like getting into it." He eyed me a bit then looked back at the road.
"I like it. It's rare to have predictably these days."
"That's true. It's just not my cup of tea." I told him as I looked out the window. About two hours of scattered conversations later we pulled into a parking lot type thing. There was a few people dressed in what looked like football padding and a man with a cane. "They look like they're putting on a damn play." I laughed and Gavin looked over to me.
"Kind of. They are called The Kingdom. That guy there," he said pointing to the man with the dreads "is their 'King.'" I rolled my eyes.
"Great. So we're dealing with a bunch of cosplayers." I opened the door to the truck and walked out and followed Gavin,standing next to him.
"And I was worried we were early," Gavin spoke.
"Our arrangement is something I consider with the utmost seriousness." The King spoke. "We will fulfill our obligations every time."
"Yes indeedy you do. And will." Gavin said and walked to their truck with me following. I scrunched my nose as I saw the skinned pigs hanging in the back of their truck. I turned away as Gavin counted them. "Looks like they're all here. They look bigger then last time too. Good job." Gavin said pleasingly. Watching Gavin work was interesting. He was very calm and the total opposite of Negan and much more laid back then Simon.
"They were well fed." A man spoke up. "I made sure of it."
"We appreciate you're hospitality. Luckily we brought two trucks. How about you help us load em up." Gavin told him. The man nodded and walked over to help load the pigs. I stood by Gavin and he looked at me with amusement.
"What?" I asked annoyed.
"You are seriously grossed out by dead pigs?"
"Skinned dead pigs. And yeah. In case you haven't noticed I don't eat meat."
"Yeah right. Unless it's Negans" I heard Jared joke. I bit my lip in anger as my attention shot over to him.
"You are SO lucky I don't have a fucking gun you shitstain." I threatened.
"What are ya gonna do? Tell on me?" He said cockily as he threw the last pig in the truck bed.  I felt my arm start to pull back but Gavin stopped me. I let out an angry sigh and looked over at him. He didn't have to say anything his eyes said it all. We were on a pick up and we still had to be professional. I turned away from them and faced the group with my arms crossed. After I ignored Jared he went to his next 'victim'
"Hey asshole. How about a smile." He said to the guy from before. He didn't respond. "This is nothin. We've been letting you off easy." The man moved to stand in front of him.
"You sure you don't have that backwards kid?" He asked.
"Yeah. I am." Jared said and went to throw a punch. The man easily dodged it and punched him right in the face. I couldn't help but smirk. Everyone started pulling guns on the other and the pair started to fight.
"Cease this. Lower your weapons." The King spoke. Gavin signed for us to lower ours as well. "Richard. Let him go." And he did as he said. "This is not what we do."
"Free shot?" Jared asked with a smirk. "Oh I love this shit," he wound up and pelted Richard.
"Gavin. Tell your man to stop." The king said and Jared hit Richard again. I growled.
"Jared knock it the fuck off!" I shouted but he ignored me. "Hey asshole I'm talking to you!" I yelled as I grabbed the back of his shirt and ripped him from Richard. I flung him back into our truck. "When I tell you to fucking stop. You better stop. I out rank you. By a whole lot you sack of shit," I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to see Gavin. I let go of Jared then walked away to calm down a bit. "Sorry about him. He's a scumbag." I told the King and he nodded. "Thank you. For the pigs. I won't eat them but our workers and their families will," I said holding my hand out. The King took my hand and gave me a firm shake. I smiled and nodded back, pulling my hand away. I walked back to the truck and got in. Gavin got in and turned the truck on. I looked over at him.
"You won't need a gun," I mocked in an annoyed voice.
"You didn't need one. You took care of the problem with out one." I shrugged.
"Let's just go back. This was a hot mess."
"This is the first time they did this. I think you're bad luck." He joked.
"Maybe," I laughed.