Part 10

I was woken up by my alarm clock. It was still a bit dark outside which made it hard for my to get out of bed. I got dressed and ate a bit of fruit while I waited to go down to the gate. I watched the sun start to peek over the horizon and got up. I hooked my gun holster and knife holster that was on my thigh up then slipped my black boots on.
When I got down there just about everyone was there already,just waiting for a few stragglers. I sighed and leaned against the wall. I looked over to see the Redneck being escorted by three other saviors to the bigger truck we had.
"Mornin' Doll." Negan said striding over to me.
"We're bringing him?" I asked. Negan glanced at the redneck then to me.
"Indeed we are. It's mind games doll. You'll see." I shrugged.
"Whatever you say. Let's just go." I said pushing myself off the wall.
"Let's fucking go!" Negan shouted and everyone automatically loaded up. "Come on Prue." He said motioning for my to go with him.
"I was gonna go with Arat," I mumbled annoyed as I followed him to the Truck glancing as Arat just showed up.
"Well too damn bad. Let's go." He told me as he jumped into the driver side. I got in and off we went.
"Aren't we like a day or two early?" I asked him as I put the seat back so I could lay down a bit.
"Scare tactics. We gotta keep em on their toes. Let them know they can't sneak anything by us."
"Yeah I guess." I let out a long yawn. "I'm sleeping. Wake me when we're close." I said as I put my arms behind my head and closed my eyes.
"Sure thing." Negan responded.
-------------------
As Negan drove he started to hear soft snores. He glanced over to see Prue was asleep,curled up in a ball on the seat. It was a long drive so of corse she wanted to sleep, it was damn early too. He flipped the heat on and then the radio. There was some type mix tape in but it was better then listening to nothing. Negan gripped the wheel as he drove. Thinking about his past. The Sanctuary. His people. Prue. Negan was the boss. The strongest person in the place but he still had his demons. He was still a person. The only time he really let his walls down was around Prue. Something about her made him relaxed and calm. He couldn't let that out. She'd be a target. A big one. He wanted to protect his people but he wanted to protect her more then anything, even himself. Love? Negan didn't think he could feel that again. Not since his first wife. Maybe he could again one day. He looked over at Prue again. If anyone could make him feel that lost emotion again, it'd be her. Negan didn't want that venerability. He looked back to the road and drove on.
--------------------------
I woke up and rolled over to see Negan was still driving. I let out a small moan as I stretched out.
"Welcome back Doll," Negan spoke, not looking away from the road. A small smile playing his face. I put the seat back up and turned the music down.
"Are we close?"
"Should be about ten more minutes." I nodded as I looked at the trees pass us. It was calm and quiet. Just the hum or the engine as we drove. The only thing that gave away that it was the end of the world were the dead corpses on the side of the road. Eventually we slowed down and came to a large gate. This must be it. It was huge.
"Let's get the show on the road." Negan said as he grabbed Lucille. I nodded and followed him out of the truck and to the gate. Negan whistled as he waltz to the gate with Lucille up. He gave three very distinct knocks as the barbed wood hit the gate.
"Little pig little pig. Let. Me. In." He said with a smirk in his face. We heard the gate rattle and open a few moments later. A man opened it. He wasn't with the group we dealt with in the forest. "Well?"
"Um. Who are you?" The man asked. Negans face turned into a twisted smile.
"Oh you better be jokin. Negan. Lucille. Prue. I know I had to make a pretty strong first impression." I noticed Rick walking up to the gate. I gave Negan a slight nudge and he looked over.
"Well hello there." Rick said nothing. Just stared him down a bit. Negans smile quickly faded. "Do not make me have to ask."
"You said a week. You're early." Rick said as he opened the main gate. Ricks tone really bothered me but Negan didn't seem to mind it.
"I missed you," Negan smiled. I heard a low growl and looked back to see a walker. I looked at Negan and he nodded. I smirked and took out my knife. "Come on Rick. Watch this." I walked up to the walker and drove my knife into the top of its head then ripped it out,a small splash of blood spraying as it fell to the ground. Negan let out a loud laugh as the walker hit the ground with a thud. "Look. At. that! My girl knows how to kill them." He smiled proudly. Honestly it was just a walker but Negan was a fan of making a big scene. "Now let's go. Big day." He looked over to Rick who seemed out of it. "Hey Rick. Did you see that? What my girl just did? That is some service! I mean. We almost get turned away at the gate. Who is that guy anyway? Do I get mad? Do I throw a fit? Do I bash some gingers dome in? Nope. In fact. Prue here took care of one of those dead pricks for you. Service." Negan said and handed Lucille to Rick. I followed Negan as he walked into the community followed by the rest of the saviors we brought. I didn't really trust Rick holding Lucille but I also knew I'd be able to act quick enough to kill him if he tried something. Negan stopped and looked around.
"Hot diggity dog. This place is magnificent!" He said. He was right. It looked like an upper middle class closed community. It almost felt normal in here. I thought the Sanctuary was nice but this place was beautiful. "I do believe you are gonna have plenty of shit we need. And want." I wish we could take a house. They were my dream homes back before this shit happened.
"Daryl -" Rick started but Negan turned around quick.
"No. Nope. He's the help. You don't look at him. You don't talk to him, and I don't make you chop parts of him off." Negan turned around to come face to face with a woman. "Right?" He asked. I watched as she glared at up and slowly walked away. I couldn't help but smirk. Even tho she was in ricks groups she had balls and I liked that. It's not as common as you'd think. "Alright. Let's get this show on the road."
"We put aside half the-" Rick started.
"No. Rick. You don't decide what we say is half. I do."
"Arat."
"You heard the man. Move out!" She shouted and the saviors started their jobs. I went to follow Arat but felt a hand wrap around my wrist. I let out an annoyed sigh.
"Can I help you?" I asked lowly so Rick didn't hear.
"You're coming with me,Doll."
"Why?" I asked cocking an eyebrow. He just turned us around to face Rick. Oh right. He had Lucille. He wants me here to make sure nothing goes south.