~✿*22*✿~

﹏๑✿ ・:*:・♥ ・:*:・✿๑﹏

﹏๑✿ ・:*:・♥ ・:*:・✿๑﹏

"I love you."

Those three words kept echoing in my mind since Katheryne uttered them last night.

I turned my head to her while she was sleeping heavily beside me on my bed. When we came back home very early this morning after eating breakfast there in the woods, we just took a bath together in the tub and she immediately went back to sleep.

In contrary to her, ako naman yung hindi makatulog dahil sa kaiisip dun sa sinabi niya. She said she loved me. I couldn't believe how this woman was able to fall for me after everything that I did to her.

Now this was making me even more confused than the past weeks. These weird emotions that I was feeling since I got to be with her for the past more than two months were getting out of hand. They were almost killing me, torturing my mind vigorously. They were stressing me out because I knew that it would ruin everything that we had planned. Yet I couldn't ignore the fact that I was enjoying myself being with her.

I heard her moaned in her sleep and snuggled even more closer to my body while embracing me. "Ryder..." she sighed softly.

"Dāmn girl. What are you doing to me? Am I feeling the same way for you already?"

I rolled to my side and embraced her body also. I closed my eyes and tried to relax my mind. Unconsciously, I fell asleep while still thinking about her.

I just woke up when I heard my phone ringing. Bumangon ako. Bihira na akong makatanggap ng mga tawag so this call might be very important.

I frowned when I saw Jonas' name registered on the screen of my phone. I immediately grabbed it from the bedside table. "Jonas?"

"Tangina, Ryder! Kanina pa kita kinokontak pero ngayon lang ako nakakonekta!"

Kinabahan agad ako mula pa lang sa tono ng boses niya. "Why?"

"Umalis na kayo ni Katheryne diyan! The authorities are already on their way there!"

"What?!" Napababa ako mula sa kama at isinuksok sa pantalon ko yung baril ko na mabilis kong kinuha mula sa drawer ng bedside table ko. Tumakbo ako papunta sa porch dahil nagpuputol-putol yung tawag. "How did they know that we're here?"

"Hindi ko rin alam! Napansin ko lang na nagmamadaling nagpunta sa police station sina Lance Monteverde at Jeremy Monteverde kaninang madaling-araw kasama yung isang French private investigator. And just earlier this morning, nakita ko na yung mga pulis na naghahanda kasama yung dalawang Monteverde kaya kinutuban na 'ko—"

"Jonas?" Napatingin ako sa screen ng cellphone ko at nakita kong naputol na yung tawag. "Būllshīt!" I hissed under my breath and took a glance at Katheryne on the bed while trying to contact Jonas again. Pero nang hindi ko na magawa dahil halos wala akong masagap na signal ay tumakbo na ako palabas ng kwarto at bumaba sa hagdan.