~She Arrives, and She Finds Out~

Writing this right after the other chapter!! Also, thanks Dom for editing while I write! K story time!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Dan was left in tears, heading straight to his room, locking the door behind so he could cry. Phil went back inside and sobbed too. Both boys, heartbroken. All because of one princess who none of them knew. Will this be the end of their relationship? Will the princess love Phil and would he forget about Dan? Who knows...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The next day PJ frequently tried to convince Dan to open the door again. He had slept on the couch that night because Dan was being so stubborn. Finally, Dan cracked open the door and flopped back on his bed. Pj later walked in. Dan was still in the same clothes as yesterday, they were now stiff from not drying properly. His eyes were puffy and red. Dan was huddled looking at the wall, hugging his pillow so PJ couldn't see him.

PJ: Dan...are you alright?
Dan: ...
PJ: You didn't talk to me yesterday when you came back from your talk...
Dan: ...
PJ: Come on Dan...*sits on his bed* talk to me...I'm your brother...
Dan: *mutters*
PJ: What?
Dan: He's... *long silence*
PJ: ..ya?
Dan: He's marrying someone else!

Dan beings to sob, hugging the pillow tighter. PJ then gives off a sigh and hugs Dan, still crying. The camera fades and we find Phil in the throne room, standing in front of his parents' thrones, hands behind his back, stern. He was dressed up, crown on his head. His eyes red and puffy, he tried to wipe it away. The throne room was at the main entrance near the ballroom. It was a hallway like room, with two rows of pillars leading towards the raised platform where the thrones stood. There was a red carpet leading from the door to the thrones in between the sets of pillars. For some reason it was dark in the room, especially where Phil was standing. Then, the two large door opposite Phil were swung open by two butlers. The light from outside casted a shadow on the person walking in, so we couldn't make out who it was. They proceeded to walk forward, straight and tall. Not too fast, not too slow. The guards who were in between each pillar watched the person walk toward the raised platform where Phil was. Finally, they were at the platform, just below the steps. A horn tuned and the announcer spoke...

Announcer: Presenting, Princess Cat of the Rific kingdom!

She was already bowing, but then looked up at Phil. Phil bowed too. Cat smiled, stood up, and had a stern face but still kept her smile.

Cat: It's a pleasure to meet you Prince Phillip.
Phil: *unpleased* Pleasure to meet you, Princess Cat. *hesitant* We are glad to have you here.. *shakes head and puts on a fake smile* Our maids here will show you to your room and our butlers will take your things to your room as well. Be free to explore the castle and ask for whatever you need.
Cat: Thank you Prince Phillip.

They both bow and a maid quickly walks Cat to her room, followed by two butlers carrying things from the carriage outside. Phil gives a sigh and walks in the opposite direction of Cat and back to his room. (Looking towards the thrones, Phil goes left into a dark hallway, and Cat right into a bright room).

The next day, Phil walks around the gardens, head hanging down, hands in his pockets. He walks past the fountain where he and Dan splashed around on their first date. Phil smiles but it fades away and he continues to walk. Cat, who was also in the garden, walks around a hedge and sees Phil walking from afar. She quickly hides behind the wall of leaves and pokes her head out. Cat studies Phil, noticing his walk, his face, and his overall demeanor. She becomes curious and begins to follow him, trying not to be seen. Phil then goes to the hallway where Dan and he first met. He ponders for a bit and wipes off a tear and continues walking, not trying to get in sight from Dan's house. Cat, from behind a pillar, starts to notice his sad face and some tears falling off his pale cheeks. From the stories Cat has heard, Phil was known as the "Happy Prince." There were many kings and princes who are also known for their happy personality, but Phil, he was the brightest of them all. People would believe he was the actual sun or made of sunshine, brightening up any room he'd walk in. However, Cat did not see this, she saw a gloomy, raining cloud that made her wonder even more. Phil then came to the wall of vines. Cat, from a bush, thought, "what could be so special about a wall?" Phil then ran his hand against the wall, brushing the leaves as went. Finally he pushed back the curtain of vines and went into the tunnel. Cat, who was shocked, quickly walked up to the wall, checked to see if anyone was around, and went past the curtain while it still showed. Phil was already at the cherry blossom tree, staring the carving.