Chapter 2

Professor McGonagall pov

Since Dumbledore's death, I have been filling in for headmaster. It wasn't that hard in the beginning, but ever since I announced that I was looking for a new headmaster, the Ministry has been trying to assign the headmaster. I refuse every time, especially after what happened with the entire Lord Voldemort business.

The teachers keep trying to bribe me into letting them, or one of them, into being the headmaster. No way am I doing that. The students also have an opinion. They ask for no Ministry of Magic as professors as headmaster or Teachers that just want the spot so they can control the school. I agree with the students.

It's tiring trying to find the perfect Headmaster. I'm walking to the room of requirement to see if I require something from it. When I stand in front of it, it opens. Apparently there is something I require, but what do I require?

As I walk in, I notice how different it is to how I would normally see it. (AN: The Harry Potter Room of Requirement). After walking through, I see Malfoy and this man talking or more like Malfoy yelling and him talking. "I'm telling you, Professor McGonagall is resigning as Headmaster and is looking for someone to be Headmaster" says Malfoy to the guy I have never seen in my history of being at Hogwarts. "And I told you never to assume things. Maybe she wants someone to fill in for her teaching spot. Who knows, when you can ask her." The me nods behind Malfoy to me and Malfoy turns around quicker than a spell being said. Malfoy looks flustered, and I have never seen him act like this in front of me since he started to attend here. 

"Professor how may I help you" He says to me and looks at Malfoy and says, "DADA". The reaction from Malfoy, "Crap, I'm late for DADA class," and runs out while saying, "I'll see you later Merlin," and leaves.

I turn to Merlin studying him while he is turned around making something. He turns back around and asks, "Are you hungry? I don't want to seem rood to the second company I've had in a lifetime." I accepted the offer, and 'Merlin' showed me to his dining table. He put down a plate of sandwiches and a plate of chocolate chip cookies. 

I asked him how old he was, and he answered, and I quote, 'Since King Arthur's time'. How is it possible that he is that old, and that he is the Merlin we have all learned about. He told me everything. I think I have found the new Headmaster.

Merlin pov

Professor McGonagall is extremely nice but was shocked to know who I was. I also told to not tell anyone else, not yet anyway. We are still eating when she asks me to be the new headmaster. After she said that, I just stared at her shocked. I accepted the position.

"Well since you accepted, I am going to go to turn down every bribe and order of someone else to be a new Headmaster because I believe that I have chosen the perfect one." And with that she leaves. I just sit there saying a 'bye, see you later' and watch her leave.

What a day, well half-a-day, It's afternoon now. I decided to put on an invisibility spell to see how the school is doing. And I leave my room, or the Room of Requirement.

I am looking through every class to check on the students and teachers, scouting the halls to make sure that there are no troublemakers out of class. Before I know it, the student are going to dinner, and I follow along. 

As soon as I get into the dining hall, I see something that makes my blood boil. I literally go up to Professor McGonagall, and tell who I was and of the situation. She allows me to drop my invisibility spell, and everyone stops doing what they are doing to stare at me, someone they have never seen before.

I walk up to Malfoy and tell him to come with me. We walk up to professor McGonagall to ask her for permission to allow him to come with me and eat. She allows it, and she smiles at me. Malfoy and I leave, leaving everyone flabbergasted except for Professor McGonagall.

We eat and I give him advice on what to do when something like this happens or something similar to it. He thanks me for everything and leaves, but not after giving me a hug.

All is well for me, so I change into bed ware and go to sleep.