Chapter 8

Arthur pov

I am in this wonderful dream where I was with Gwen, Merlin, Lance, Gwaine, Leon, and the others back at Camelot when I hear Merlin say "Wake up we have a big day today." I wake up just in time to Merlin opening the curtains with the sunlight blaring in my face. "Merlin!" I throw the closest thing to me, which as a pillow, at him, but he ducts.

"Well if you got up without complaint clotpole, I wouldn't have to let the sunlight in to wake you up." Merlin said being as snarky as usual. "Besides I have to let Professor McGonagall meet you to see if your allowed to stay, which I can overrule because I am the headmaster, but I want a professor I trust to know about you." I am touched about his concern, and I am pleased about the loyalty he has and is showing me even though he has magic. I forgot, this is a magic school.

"Lets go clotpole or we will be late for breakfast." I follow him exiting the disappearing and reappearing door, which he calls the Room of Requirement, into a ginormous room filled with teenagers. 

We walk up to this long table that a bunch of older people are at waiting for someone to show. I follow Merlin behind the table, and he has me sit on his left right next to him. 

Cling cling. I hear Merlin clink his glass with a fork. I have a feeling about what he is going to do, so I will just go along with it. Though I am curious about what he is thinking. Guess we will find out.

Merlin pov

I want to introduce Arthur to everybody, but I have an uneasy feeling if I do so, so I am going to say that he is a friend of mine from long ago. "Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. I have also noticed that several of you have noticed my lifelong friend from long ago. I can not say exactly who he is for safety reasons. That is all you may continue until Professor McGonagall says it is time for first classes to start." I end it there, and everyone seems satisfied except for Arthur. I guess I'll have to explain it to him later.

After a while, Professor McGonagall dismisses the students, and I drag Arthur back to my chambers (The Room of Requirement). As soon as we enter, I start to explain why I didn't introduce him, "Arthur, I didn't fully introduce you because I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen if I did, and I didn't want it to happen now especially in a magic school where anybody could get hurt. Trust me Arthur I will introduce you to them." I hug him because I'm about to choke up.

I don't want anything to happen to him again. I don't want to watch him die right in front of my eyes like so many others. I don't want to be alone again. I can tell he agrees because he is shaking while I hold my destiny to protect, my lifeline.

______________________________________________________

I am so sorry it is late and not as long as normal, but I am getting there. Remember to leave comments if I need to fix something. Enjoy.

AshKitty1