Chapter 8) The Midnight Duel.

All rights to Harry Potter go to J.K Rowling, I only own Silvia and Minnie Black yada yada yada blah blah blah enjoy. :)

It wasn't what you'd call the perfect end of the day, despite being made Chaser for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. I lay awake much later, listening to the sounds of Parvati and Lavender snoring. Hermione was a peaceful sleeper, and her hangings were open just enough to see the lump under her quilt.

I had spent all evening giving Harry advice such as "if he tries to curse you, you'd better dodge it, because I can't remember how to block them." much to Ron's amusement.

There was a very good chance of us being caught by Mrs. Norris or Filch, and to be honest even I felt like I was pushing my luck, breaking another school rule that day. And that's saying something coming from me.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 11 o'clock, meaning it was time for me to start getting ready. Yes, I was going to start getting ready for a wizards duel at midnight. Bed hair and morning breath aren't exactly pleasant.

So I brushed my teeth and ran a brush trough my hair, threading it in a messy side braid. I put on a bit of lipgloss before grabbing my dressing gown since I was only wearing a pair of shorts and a short crop top. Plus, the castle was cold.

I put on my boots and stuck my wand inside it, crept across the tower room, and down the staircase, meeting up with Harry and Ron. A few embers were still glowing in the fireplace, turning all the armchairs into hunched black shadows. We had almost reached the porthole hole when a small voice came from the armchair nearest to me, making me jump 10 feet in the air.

"I can't believe your going to do this Silvia." Hermione said, her face illuminated by a lamp she had just lit. "But- What- how- when- trickster!" I stammered, pointing from the staircase to her and back again.

"You! Go back to bed!" Ron said, Harry taking my hand and leading me towards the portrait hole. "I almost told your brother. He's a prefect, he'd stop this." She continued, ignoring what Ron said completely and following us.

Sure, she was my friend, but now she was being so interfering. We followed Ron out of the portrait hole, making sure to stick to the shadows at the edge of the walls. Hermione wasn't going to give up that easily, however, and followed us through.

She kept on babbling on about how we would loose points for Gryffindor and how we were all selfish, and how she thought I had more sense and cared more about my friends and education.

When Ron finally snapped and told her to 'bugger off' she hissed at him like an angry goose and turned around, only to find that the portrait hole had sealed itself shut and the fat lady had gone to go visit one of her friends.

"Now what am I going to do?!" She asked shrilly. "That's your problem. We've got to go, we're going to be late." Harry said, looking at the watch which read quarter to 12, and the trophy room was on the other side of the castle.

"I'm coming with you." Hermione said, making Ron scoff and Harry roll his eyes. I just shook my head sadly. "Do you think I'm going to stand out here and let Filch catch me? If he does find us, and he will, I'll tell him he truth, that I was trying to stop you and you can back me up."

"You've got some nerve." Ron said, and Hermione opened her mouth to say something when I heard a weird sound. "Shut up! Both of you! I heard something!" I said, drawing further back into the shadows, Harry, Ron, and Hermione doing the same.

It was a sort of snuffling. It wasn't Mrs. Norris, it was Neville. He was curled up on the floor, fast asleep, but jerked up suddenly when we crept nearer. "Thank goodness you found me! I've been out here for hours! I can't remember the password to get in to bed!"