Chapter 5) Lockhart is an idiot.

I. Hate. My. Life. I swear, things really went downhill after what happened last night. I suppose the first main event that happened that day started at breakfast. "Post due any minuet... I think gran's sending a few things I forgot..." Neville, the most accident prone boy in the universe, whispered, a shy smile on his face.

I had only just buttered myself a piece of toast when, sure enough, there was a loud rustling sound from above us, and a hundred or so owls streamed in, circling the Hall and dropping letters and packages. A big, lumpy parcel bounced off Neville's head, Nutella landed beside me, stealing my toast and bashing me around the face with her wing, and something large and grey fell into Hermione's jug, spraying us all with milk and feathers.

I spat a feather out of my mouth, glaring angrily at Ron, who had reached forward and pulled the almost dead owl out of the milk jug. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Nutella, gasping at what she was holding. A large, red howler was clamped tightly in her beak, and she was glaring at me with such fire I'm shocked my head didn't blow up.

Ron, it appeared, was in the same situation as me. "Howlers. Howlers! Not good! Not good!"

"You have to open them, Ron, Silvia. It's worse if you don't. I ignored one from my gran once and... it was horrible." Neville shuddered, his face growing pale. By now, everyone in the Great Hall was staring at us, eager for something interesting to jumpstart their Monday morning.

"You first." I shrugged, Ron gulping and reaching for the letter. Neville and I stuffed our fingers in our ears, and a second layer, everyone knew why. Mrs. Weasley was far more terrifying by howler than she was in real life, which was saying something.

When Ron's had finished, there was a storm of laughing from Slytherin and the other houses, Dean Thomas tossing me mine from across the table. I glared at him, and with shaking fingers, opened the howler. For the second time, a roar of sound filled the Great Hall, shaking dust from the ceiling.

"HOW DARE YOU?! HOW DARE YOU?! STEALING A CAR YOU WORTHLESS LITTLE BRAT, IM NOT SURPRISED IF THEY EXPELL YOU, YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL I GET AHOLD OF YOU, YOU'LL BE WHIPPED WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU DON'T STOP BRINGING SHAME TO OUR FAMILY! I SHOULD HAVE HAD THE DARK LORD KILL YOU THE SECOND YOU WERE FORCED INTO OUR HANDS! YOU HAD BETTER NOT COME HOME FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS, OR I SWEAR THAT MY WIFE AND I WILL CAUSE YOU SO MUCH PAIN YOU WONT EVEN DREAM OF PUTTING ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE!"

Lucius Malfoy's cold voice rang through the Great Hall, who were silent and watching me with wide eyes. I gulped, face pale, and nodded at the letter feverishly. The letter dropped, and then burst into flames, curling up into ashes.

Everyone was still staring at me, so I gulped, grabbing my bag and pulling out a book to hide my burning face in. Harry and Ron were looking at me with a confused look on their faces, and Hermione just looked straight up horrified.

Slowly, talk broke out over the Great Hall again, but non of it was from my part. I stayed silent and still, tears clouding my eyes but thankfully I was able to control them enough to not let them fall.

Professor McGonagall walked down the table handing timetables, reaching us and giving me a small, sad smile before moving on. I looked down at my schedule, seeing Herbology with the Hufflepuff's first.

We neared the greenhouses and saw the rest of class standing outside, waiting patiently for Professor Sprout. We had just joined them, when we saw the vomit-inducing face of Gilderoy Lockhart striding into view wearing robes of a sickening turquoise, followed by the short and plump Professor Sprout.

He flashed his annoyingly charming smile at the class, making me gag a little and turn away, multiple students snickering. "Hello there! Just been showing Professor Sprout the right way to doctor a Whomping Willow! But I don't want you running away with the idea that I'm better at Herbology than she is! I just happen to have met several of these exotic plants on my travels!"