Chapter 15) Goodbye Dragon.

I don't own Harry Potter, all rites go to J.K Rowling.
WARNING! THIS CHAPTER WILL BE REALLY SHORT BECAUSE IT IS JUST A FILLER! NEXT ONE WILL 100% BE LONGER! POMISE!
Back to Silvia's POV:

The following week dragged by. Harry, Hermione, and I were waiting in the common room for Ron one night when he suddenly appeared with a pale face and bloody hand.

"It bit me! I'm not going to be able to hold a quill for at least a week! I tell you, that dragons the most horrid creature I've ever met, but the way Hagrid goes on about it you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit! When it bit me he told me off for frightening it, and then when I left he was singing it a lullaby!" Ron whined, cradling his hand as he sat down.

There're was a tap on the window. "It's Hedwig!" Harry said excitedly, leaving my side to get her in. I pouted when he left, making Hermione snicker at me and poke my cheek. Weird child.

When Harry came back with the letter from Charlie, we all huddled close together to read it.

Dear Ron,
How are you? Thanks for the letter - I'd be glad to take the Norwegian Ridgeback, but it won't be easy getting him here. I think the best thing will be to send him over with some friends of mine who are coming to visit me next week. Trouble is, they mustn't be seen carrying an illegal dragon.
Could you get the Ridgeback up the tallest tower at midnight on Saturday? They can meet you there and take him away while it's still dark. Send me an answer as soon as possible.
Love,
Charlie.

We looked at each other, smiles on our faces. The plan was to use the invisibility cloak to get up to the tower and not get caught, and it showed you how bad the week had been because we all ended up agreeing to it.

There was a catch. By the following morning Ron's hand had swollen to twice its usual size, but it probably wasn't safe to go to Pomfrey. She would most certainly recognise a dragon bite. But unfortunately, we had no choice when the cut had turned a nasty shade of green. It looked like Norbert's fangs were poisonous.

What made it worse was that Malfoy had came up to the hospital wing, claiming to want to borrow one of Ron's books, boasting about how he could go to Dumbledore with this at any moment and get us all expelled and Hagrid sacked. Ron had told Madam Pomfrey it was a dog that bit him, but I don't think she believed him.

"It will all be over midnight on Saturday." Hermione said, but that didn't help at all. In fact, it only seemed to make Ron even more nervous.
"Oh no! I've just remembered! Charlie's letter was in that book Malfoy took, he's going to know we're getting rid of Norbert!"

That's not good. That's not good at all. We didn't get a chance to answer, however, because Pomfrey ushered us all out of the room. It was too late to change the plan, so we had to go along with it. The upside was the invisibility cloak, since Malfoy didn't know about that yet.

We found Fang, Hagrid's boarhound, sitting outside with a bandaged tail. Hagrid didn't let us in, but only opened the window to talk to us when Norbert bit his leg. "Aargh! It's all right, he only got my boot - jus' playin' - he's only a baby after all."

The baby banged its tail against the wall, making the windows rattle. We walked back up to the castle, feeling Saturday couldn't come quick enough.

*

I might have even felt sorry for Hagrid If I wasn't so relieved that the dragon would finally be gone. It was a very dark and cloudy night, and we were late arriving at Hagrid's because we had to wait for Peeves to get out of the way in the entrance hall, where he had been playing tennis against a wall.

Hagrid had Norbert packed in a large cage, and was a bit emotional about letting the Dragon go, which delayed us even more. I still have no idea how we managed to haul our way up the stairs to the astronomy tower, but we finally did.

But then the sudden movement ahead of us almost made me jump out of my skin. I forgot I was invisible and grabbed Harry's hand, who wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into the shadows, followed by Hermione.

Professor McGonagall, dressed in an emerald tartan dressing gown and a hairnet, was dragging Malfoy by the ear down the staircase. "Detention! And 20 points from Slytherin! Wandering around in the middle of the night, how dare you?!"

"You don't understand Professor! Harry Potter and Silvia Black are coming, they have a dragon!" Malfoy stuttered.
"What utter rubbish! How dare you tell such lies! Come on - I shall see Professor Snape about you, Malfoy!"

The shell spiral staircase up to the top of the tower seemed the easiest thing in the world after that brilliant show. We stepped out onto the cold air and threw off the cloak, glad to be able to breathe properly again.

"Malfoy's got detention! I could sing!" Hermione said, doing some sort of weird jig. "If you won't I will!" I shrugged, joining her in her little jig and singing.

"CUZ IM HAPPY CLAP ALONG IF YOU FEEL LIKE A ROOM WITHOUT A ROOF! BECAUSE IM HAPPY CLAP ALONG IF YOU FEEL LIKE THATS WHAT YOU WANNA DO!"

Hermione giggled and joined in, linking arms with me and continuing.

"CLAP ALONG IF YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPINESS IS TO YOU!" We finished, me pulling a high note at the end. We burst out laughing, not bothering to be quiet, Harry watching us with a grin on his face.

Just then, four broomsticks came swooping down out of the darkness. Charlie's friends were a cheery lot, showing us the harness they had gotten together for Norbert before buckling him safely into it, shaking hands with us, and then taking off into the darkness.

Going, going, gone.

We slipped back down the spiral staircase, me on a mental high. Malfoy had detention, that stupid dragon was gone, what could go wrong? I regretted it the minuet it popped into my head, for the answer was waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

Filch's face loomed out of the darkness, sneering down at us with a wicked smirk on his ugly face. "Well well well, we are in trouble." He whispered creepily. "Maybe we should have went with a quieter song." I muttered to Hermione, who elbowed me in the ribs to shut me up.

We had left the Invisibility Cloak at the top of the tower.