Chapter 11

And so I really found myself at a big-shot tournament a week later. Granny once again had linked herself in and I couldn't tell whether I was more stressed by her or Inge. Suddenly I was also included in the 6 o'clock morning lessons with sharpest critisism of two instructors, the relaxing hours only being those when I went on a hack with Katida. In the mean while, Fran and Kiki helped me with getting my horses ready for the daily 4 hours of intense training until either I or my horse was spent. The horse Inge wanted me to ride was a grey mare that Inge wanted to sell. Graspable that she would send the mare on some tournaments to get a higher price. But the mare was undoubtfully very talented. The following tournament was one of the most important there was, with lots of people and experts watching. With that I only realized why it was so important that Therry would ride that certain tournament. And it didn't quite minimize the stress I felt.

So now I was sitting on the passenger's side of the car Levi and I shared, Vulcan, the black stallion, in the horse box trailer attached to the car. Inge, Fran, Kiki and Granny were in the other car with the other trailer. Levi, as stressed as I was, threw everyone out of the car before we left, letting only me in, claiming we "need no more extra stress by you chickens". And he was right at that.

I wore the tournament clothes my grandma brought with her, a white blouse and white breeches, the tailcoat still hanging on the coat hanger in the back, right next to the highly shiny boots. "You know," I started, trying to ease up the tight bun on the back of my head. "I'm normally only the test driver, not the racer." Levi chuckled and put his hand on my upper leg. Brushing his thumb over it repeatedly, he looked at me. "Nor, you really don't have to worry. You'll absolutelly kick-ass." I smiled back at him, looking at him until my smile disappeared. And his hand did too, drawn back like something had stung him. Well, I didn't tell him to touch me. But it still brought me down.

When we arrived two hours later, I got out and grabbed a thin jacket to put over my white blouse. Inge and Granny stopped right next to us, getting out as well, Fran and Kiki quickly jumping to help. We unloaded Mirabelle and Vulcan and brought them to their separate bays, taking off the travel boots and giving them a little bit to eat. Vulcan got into the stallions' stable and Mira in the mares' stable, so we didn't see Levi, Inge and Kiki often before the tournament started.

The whole process wasn't new to me, but I was still glad that I had my Power-Granny with me who greeted lots of people and promised every second one to have coffee with them. Bet she would be high on coffeine by the end of the day.

There weren't many moments where I was on my own, I got lots of curious glances being new there and was once or twice even chatted up about it. Just like when I was looking at the starting list, three boys behind me started to flirt with me like mad. I thought it was rather funny and flirted back, getting to know their names. Frederic, Prescott and Laurent.

Everyone of them kissed my hand, but after hearing that I was here riding a horse of the Staads, they switched to friendship. Joking around about this and that, we went to the dressage arena and they told me everything. All three of them were going M*. On the question why I still had the full amount of points, I grinned and answered that this would be the first tournament I went on in 5 years. That made them shut up.

Returning to Mirabelle, I sighed that she already had her mane in braids and made to small buttons, along with her white ear net on. I saddled her with Fran's help and got into my boots while Granny made the final adjustments. She grabbed my helmet and tailcoat and told me to mount, making me comply, taking off my jacket and riding outside. Getting a whistle from Fred and Laurent as they just passed, I stuck my tongue out at them. "Good look, Ele." Laurent grinned, making me laugh, they easily managed to lift my mood. "No, good luck, we meant." Fred corrected, both of them oggling my breasts. "I'm sure, you two." "Elenora!" My Granny shouted sternly from somewhere making me grimace. "See you later, if not, good look yourselves." They laughed.