Chapter 14

Our days on the Staad's stud were coming to an end slowly. After the tournament, we had one week left, Kiki and Fran counting the hours in vain until we had to leave again. Granny came over around 12 o'clock to say goodbye and arranged with Inge that she would get Katida and me next Sunday in the morning. Which meant that I would need to stay one day longer. She watched me a last time at my lesson held by Levi, her eyes twinkling as she watched me take care of Katida afterwards. "He's a good boy." I turned around, my head turning red.
"Did you think I wouldn't notice?" Granny chuckled, making me turn even more into a tomato. "You know, I always thought you'd get together with one of those motorcycle racers, I didn't see a rider getting into the picture. But I'm not complaining. I'm not complaining. What is he studying again?" I scratched out Katida's hooves to keep myself busy, answering her with not looking at her. "Medicine, Granny. He's studying medicine."

"Oh yes, I remember. Not bad, granddaughter." I only grew more red. "I'll see you on Sunday, then?" I nodded and breathed out as she walked away. "Bye Granny." Suddenly, the steps neared again, and there she was again, looking at me like a spy conveying a secret message. "Are you still on the pill?" I groaned loudly, turning around this time. "Yes, I am." "Good. 17 would be quite a bit too young, you know." "Gran, go." I stared her down, making her only chuckle amused and turn around again, happily walking out of the stable.

In the afternoon we all decided to go to the local swimming baths which were just a few minutes away by car, all of us spreading over its 4 pools. Fran, Kiki and I were sunbathing until Kiki got up to get herself some ice cream and Fran rolled closer to me.

"Did you talk to your brother recently?" She asked me, making me close my eyes in annoyance at myself. "He wanted to talk with me today." She waved it off. "He stopped replying to my texts, I mean, I only excanged a good hundred texts with him so far, I don't want to get across as clingy, but, I don't know, I guess I had some hope." She smiled sadly. "He is really really nice and down to earth, I couldn't care less if he was just a normal boy, not famous. Hell, I'd probably even welcome it if I found someone like him not popular and known at all. He's a wonderful guy, except that not-replying recently, but that wasn't the case before. I just, I just want someone." She looked crestfallen. I took her hand, not sure what to say. "What was the last thing he wrote and when?" "A :) smiley, 4 days ago." "And then you wrote-" "and then I wrote him how he was doing and how his races were going and if everything was okay. No answer." I nodded slowly, side-hugging her in lying position. "I'll look what I can do."

I called him in the evening, asking what was up and he just ducked around, not really telling much. Then I told him of the things she said that she wished he would just be a normal boy and didn't care if he was famous. In the end, he said he would come. I didn't get altough how fast he would come. He had left the Mugello circuit in Italy straight after his race and drove up all the way, coming here around five in the morning. He had ripped me out of my sleep by knocking against my backdoor, making me wary at first but let him in as I saw that it was him. He looked worn out as he took off his racing suit, making me put him to bed even if he protested, saying that he wanted to talk to Fran, but after telling him that Fran, like everybody else, was asleep, he shut up and got inside the bed. I left my room and went over to Fran and Kiki, waking Fran up. "Go into my room." I just told her, making her throw an irritated look at me but did so. I laid down in her bed, not hearing another sound of the two as soon as Fran had closed the door.

Only four hours later, I went to take a look as Kiki and I were wide awake and had already eaten breakfast, I found Yanic and her spooning, both deeply asleep, cuddled up to each other.

Suddenly, I also felt the need to cuddle, making me head to the main house and go to Therry first to check up on her. "How are you doing?" I sat down on the rim of her bed, making her shrug. "It depends." She said. "Sometimes it hurts as fuck, especially when I sleep and turn around without realizing it, then it hurts in the morning, and sometimes there are these pains that appear within a second and really hurt for a few seconds before disappearing again."