Mycroft × reader/Ball Room Dance.

You were getting ready for the ball room dance when Mycroft knocked on the door,"come in!"You smiled and stood up,"(Y/N) we should have been-"Mycroft looked up from his watch to look at you and you could swear that you saw his jaw drop for a moment.

"What do you think?"You twirled around childishly which caused Mycroft to smile,"You look stunning.."

"Thank you..You look pretty handsome too Myc,now let's go!"

***

For your surprise,You find Sherlock and John in the ball,not dancing as everybody hoped they would be but they were chatting while Sherlock scans the dance floor,You were waiting for Mycroft to come back from talking to Sherlock,who was tottally ignoring Mycroft and completing his talk rather to himself.

Mycroft makes his way back to you and extends a hand,"Shall we?"

"Thought you would never ask.."You giggled childishly as Mycroft led you to the dance floor.

He took your hand and placed another on your waist,while you put one on his shoulder and the other intertwined with his other hand.

"Mycroft I am not exactly....amazing at dancing.."
"Just follow my steps."

After a while of stepping on Mycroft's foot,You finally managed to understand the concept by the middle of the song.

"So what is up with Sherlock and John?"You ask out of curiosity.

"Sherlock is claiming that there is a murderer planning to kill someone here."

"Well do you know who is the killer?"
"of course I do (Y/N),darling.."
"Then who?"

Just then you hear gunshot,and that Mycroft had grabbed you to duck down.

"What th-"

"I've got this!"Sherlock shouted,running across the room.
"No You do-Sherlock!"John sprinted after him.

Mycroft and You exchanged a look,but it wasn't long when Lestrade appeared,and apologised for the scene that just happened minutes ago.

"Who did they want to kill anyway?"you ask Sherlock as you watch Mycroft talk to one of the people he knows.

"It was Mycroft (Y/N).Obviously,he is one of the most important people in the cou-"

"I know i know."

The clock was ticking and hour by hour every once one while someone left when it was only you and Mycroft.

You danced and laughed all night,and you didn't realise it when it was midnight,"Happy New year Myc.."You smile,staring up at him.

"Happy New year (Y/N).."

***