Old Ben Kenobi

This is the start of Part II: The Search Party.

"My father didn't tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him through it." ~Clarence Budington Kielland

---

Luke's POV

The trip to Tatooine took a lot longer than I thought, but it wasn't too long. I landed right in front of a sand igloo which looked somewhat familiar.

"Initiating landing process," I said as I began the landing process. It took several minutes, but I was finally able to land on the sand. Of course, did I ever mention my distaste for sand?

I went inside the igloo and searched for a familiar face, but it was seemingly empty. This was the place where Ben Kenobi was rumored to have hidden after a certain incident some time ago.

"Hello?" I called out. No response. I walked around inside, hoping to see a familiar face. It was clean and extremely tidy, just like his hair when he was younger. I swear, he wore a lot of hair gel during the Clone Wars. I mean, Dad used to joke about that.

Suddenly, a lightsaber was activated behind me. I turned around, only to face a man with gray hair and a graying beard holding a blue lightsaber.

"Whoa, whoa, Ben. It's me, Luke," I said.

"My apologies," Ben turned the lightsaber off and set it aside. "I thought you were an intruder. Why are you on Tatooine?"

"I came here to search for my father. I followed the search party,"

"Search party? What search party?"

"The Rebel Alliance sent a search party to search for my dad, Ben,"

"I see. I heard about the burning down of your house. I'm sorry,"

"It's fine,"

"Luke, you need to leave Tatooine as soon as possible. There are assassins out there. They tried to kill me, just as they did to Anakin. You need to get off this planet,"

"But I came here to search for my father, Ben. Don't you understand? I can handle myself out there. I even have a lightsaber and a blaster," I showed off my glossy lightsaber and polished blaster. "Dad taught me some basic lightsaber moves when I was young,"

"Luke, you don't understand. The galaxy can be dangerous. Heck, it was very dangerous during the time of Palpatine's reign. People had to speak up whenever they saw the people on the wanted posters or they were mercilessly killed. It's probably as dangerous as it was back then. And then there's the case of Princess Eden of Alderaan. She may have been kidnapped by bounty hunters,"

"No one knows what happened to her, Ben,"

"Luke, LEAVE," Ben ordered. I could see in his eyes that he was serious.

"Okay, fine, if you don't wanna help me, then whatever," I stormed out of the sand igloo. Once I stepped out, I spotted an escape pod stuck in the sand.

---

Author's Note: Why was Ben almost assassinated? What's inside the escape pod? So many questions!