Han's Prerogative

Eden's POV

Luke and I exited the Jedi Archives together. Once we reached the heart of the Jedi Temple, we parted ways.

"Good night, Eden," Luke yawned.

"Good night, Luke," I nodded. Once Luke was out of earshot, I dashed out of the Jedi Temple and made my way to where the Millenium Falcon was parked. Han and Chewie were still fixing it, alright.

"You found a place to crash, Princess?" was all Han said. He was on his back, fixing something with a screwdriver.

"Yeah. The Jedi Temple isn't too far from here." I answered. "When are you gonna be finished with that?"

"Chewie and I were just about to head there ourselves. Perfect timing, Princess,"

"Grahahahahahaha?" Chewie growled.

"Yes, Chewie, we're calling it a night. We can do more tomorrow. We've gotta get our rest," Han nodded. The three of us made our way back to the Jedi Temple.

"Han, remember when you said the data card would get Jabba the Hutt off your damn back?" I questioned.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just how?"

"Jabba the Hutt's pissed off at me for not getting in the requested cargo on time,"

"What happened?"

"I really don't wanna talk about that right now,"

"I see. Do you have any idea as to who Hecate might be? You know, what she looks like underneath the mask?"

"I really don't give a damn about that. To be honest, I don't give a damn about the Rebel Alliance much,"

"Why?" I gasped. The Rebel Alliance may be the only thing that can stand up to Hecate and her goons. Han's an excellent marksman and that Wookie really is something, so they could be an asset to the Alliance.

"Why you lookin' at me like that?"

"You really don't wanna talk about your nonchalance about the Rebel Alliance, do you? Alright, then. All that matters right now is that it's a good thing,"

"What's a good thing?"

"Don't you know what might happen? Luke and I watched security footage of Anakin and Padme talking. Anakin said that when he reunites with his kids, it will be when darkness takes over."

"What?"

"Didn't you hear a word I just said? You could use those skills to stop 'the day darkness takes over', as Anakin phrased it."

"I'm not interested,"

"Hey! Whaddya mean you're not interested?" I shouted. This guy's nonchalance was starting to test my patience.

"I have my own business to take care of, you've got yours. I don't like interfering with other people's business, so once I help you find Anakin Skywalker like I've promised, we're gonna part ways and you'll never have to put up with my sarcastic demeanor ever again,"

"What did you say?! Did you really mean what you said?! We need help defeating Hecate! We can't defeat her alone! She's a strong foe and with your piloting and marksman skills, we can defeat her and her goons. We can join forces and take her down. Don't you care about the galaxy's fate? Now's the time to start caring!"

"Do you expect a smuggler like me to care about this nonsense? That's not possible. I'm planning to continue smuggling even after I help you find Anakin Skywalker,"

I gasped. Han's always had this 'I don't give a damn' attitude, but I never thought he could be this assholeish. I thought that after all the crap that's happened, he would at least start caring about the galaxy. The only reason I joined the Rebel Alliance was that I wanted to do good for the galaxy. At least I have morals, unlike this scruffy nerf herder named Han Solo.

Once we reached the Jedi Temple, I gasped. Legions of Stormtroopers were marching towards the entrance of the Jedi Temple, guns in hand. Leading them was Hecate, twin lightsabers dangling from her waist. Han and I jump behind a row of trash cans, hoping to evade the newcomers.

---

Author's Note: So unsurprisingly, Han doesn't really care about the galaxy. He seems to only care about his smuggling job. He did promise to help the gang find Anakin Skywalker, though. What do you think will happen next?