The Scramble

Leia's POV

The woman from earlier made her way through the crowd of Imperial officers and turned to face us.

"Mia Mircada, it's been a long time," she put her hands on her hips.

"How do you know my name? Who are you?" Mia demanded.

"You can call me Hecate," the woman sneered. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mia clench her fists as if she was about to punch Hecate.

"I don't know you, but I feel like I do,"

"How is that possible?" I queried.

"I don't know, but the Force is telling me. How could you kill Chancellor Organa?! What did he ever do to you?"

"That, I'm afraid, I cannot tell you. You bitches are wasting my time. Seize them!" Hecate said unapologetically.

"Let's go!" Mia grabbed my arm as we made our way through the crowd. Red blaster fire zoomed past my ear, almost making contact. I turned around, only to see the Imperial officers chasing us, Hecate in the lead.

"You won't get away!" she hollered as Mia and I stopped cold in our tracks. More Imperial officers blocked our way.

"Get out of our way," Mia ignited her blue lightsabers and proceeded to slay all the Imperial officers. My father never told us much about Mia using her lightsabers. In fact, I heard she preferred to use blasters.

"You're coming with me," an Imperial officer grabbed me. I could feel his iron grasp threatening to crush my arm.

"Let go of me!" Mia struggled to free herself from Hecate's hands until she crushed her foot.

"Damn you!" Hecate held her foot in pain. Mia looked up and threw her lightsaber at a watch soldier as if it were a boomerang. I watched in surprise as the soldier fell off the balcony.

"C'mon," Mia grabbed my hand as we climbed through a trapdoor. I stopped for a moment to catch my breath. Once the coast was clear, we climbed out and continued to run, but not before Mia threw her lightsaber at another watch soldier. Before long, we found ourselves cornered by a bunch of Imperials and Stormtroopers.

"We've got you now," one of them snarled.

"Not for long," I grabbed my blaster and shot at each and every one of the Imperials. The Stormtroopers shot back, only to miss EVERY SINGLE TIME. It amazed me to notice that they were terrible marksmen.

Suddenly, I felt a jolting pain in my wrist. I held it in pain, dropping the blaster in the process. I take back what I said. At least one of those Stormtroopers is a good shooter. I gasped as I watched Hecate take slow steps in my direction.

"Take this!" Mia grabbed a crate and banged Hecate's head. Hecate fell to the ground in a faint. That appeared to be a grave mistake, because the Stormtroopers began to close in on us.

"Hecate was rambling about you, Mia Mircada," one of them said.

"What? How? I thought she---," Mia gasped.

"Turn yourself in and we will let Leia leave in peace,"

"Don't do this, Mia," I begged. Why would Mia give herself to the bad guys? That seemed way out of character for her to do that. I gasped as I saw Mia take a step forward.

"I will," she announced.

"Mia, no!" I stumbled forward, but a Stormtrooper held me back.

"Get her," another Stormtrooper ordered.

"You lied to me! How could you?" Mia gasped, but the Stormtrooper holding her hostage cupped her mouth. All of them made their way to me, but I leaned against the wall. I closed my eyes, thinking that it was the end for me and Mia. I couldn't let myself get captured by the Imperials, but what can I do?

I looked down and found another trap door. As the Stormtroopers closed in, I leaped in and closed the door above me.

---

Author's Note: Why did Mia give herself to the Imperials? What tricks does Leia have up her sleeve?