Chapter 1

(So, I didn't need your selected gender, it was just to get a feel of what to expect! But still, every decision is crucial. Feel free to use whatever gender you want. It's your character that's thrown in.)

You were a teen who lived on the streets, your parents were dead, you were separated from your Uncle, so now you roam the streets of Grand Lake, Colorado. You worked at a cafe and worked from dawn until dusk, never taking a break, never missing a day. Your life wasn't perfect, but at least you weren't a bum sitting in their own filth. You were watching the news while cleaning some plates, and one particular story caught your eye.

"Several children across the world have been kidnapped, each ranging from four to twenty. The child-napping cult was famous for the disappearances between 1994 and 2005..."The news reporter began.

"(Y/N)!!"

You jumped and almost dropped a plate.

"It's 11:00, shouldn't you be going home?" Your friend and boss Uther (blame random name generator) said calmly. You looked at the time, and it was closing time.

     "Yeah, I guess." You said with a sigh. You barely had enough money to pay for your room at the Trouttail Motel (originality!), but you didn't feel comfortable asking your boss if you could come home with him. That's not the type of story you're in. Instead, you did a smarter thing, and less awkward thing. "Hey, can you drive me to the Trouttail Motel?"

     Uther stared at you with confusion, but nodded. "Yeah, uh, sure. I need to give you your check anyways." With that the two of you left the cafe and Uther drove you home. He quickly scribbled on a check 50$ for the week, and gave it to you. "Hey, be safe, all right? And get some sleep. I won't mind if you come in a couple hours late." He said. With that you got out of the car and walked to your room.

     Once inside, you ordered dinner, ate, took a shower, and flopped into bed. You were exhausted after a long day at work, you were glad Uther was your boss. He's so nice to everyone and friendly to both the workers and customers. You were sad you'd have to leave for Tucson in a few weeks. You burrowed under the covers and closed your eyes, but sleep was a long time coming. . .

Crash!

     "Aye! Can you be any louder, Horden?" A voice hissed. You stirred.

     "Sorry Cobalt." Horden whispered back. You risked a glance. There were two, well built, dragon men in your room. "Ya think she's asleep?"

     "If she ain't, then one more Nightmare wouldn't hurt, right?" Cobalt said. These guys were probably the Child Abduction Cult on the news. You saw in the corner of your eye that the phone was your night stand, and you knew you were loud enough to draw attention if you screamed. But, the smartest thing to do would be to stay in bed, right?

     What would you do? A) Call for help.                  B) Stay in bed and wait it out
Pick your move