Chapter 8

You chose to try and preform a synchronized takedown. Phaser turned into some sort of desert dragon with a scorpion tail. Phaser nodded at you and you attacked first. The guard felt your arms wrap around him and he flung you off. You yelped in alarm, and the guard took aim. He was about to pull the trigger when Phaser's scorpion tail skewered him in the chest. You were now regretting the stealthy ninja takedown. You went on ahead with Phaser as he turned into the big black dragon with teardrop scales.

"I'll go cause a distraction since there's to many guards. You get to the control room as fast as you can. And don't get shot!" He said, creeping up behind a soldier. The soldier whirled around, and Phaser rose, spreading his massive wings and looking down his snout majestically, or at least trying to. "Hello." He purred in a deep voice, almost like Mark's but a little deeper and more echoey. "Did you miss me?"

Then, chaos erupted as hundreds of soldiers poured out, aiming at Phaser. "Aim for the tears!" One yelled. Another yelled "Darkstalker has returned!" That was one of the voices, Horden, that had kidnapped you. He shot at Phaser but the dragon didn't even flinch, he didn't even bleed. You took the opportunity to run, but had no clue where you were running to.

     Nearly being blasted by a stray bullet, you booked it for a random room. The first room had an enourmous table soaked in blood, various torture weapons strung up on the walls, a couple of whips were soaked with fresh purple blood. You backed out of the room, now terrified and with a new nightmare that would not go away no matter how many funny and cute cat videos you watched.

     The second room had a pair of scientists, chatting and laughing. They turned to look at you, confused. You ran out and slammed the door shut before they could process what happened. The third room held what you were looking for, the surveillance room. Thousands of cameras were lined on the walls. On one camera an angry silver and white dragon paced in an acrtic room, another camera had a group of pteranodons eating a shark carcass, occasionally giving the camera a dirty look. The next camera showed Mark, Ethan, and Tyler tearing up the shore looking for you. Ethan paused, and started to say something.

     "Hey, we gotta stop, they're coming!" Ethan said, glancing around nervously. The camera next to that one showed a group of soldiers with heavy, blood-soaked chains dragging behind them. Your heart dropped and froze, knowing what was coming next. To your left was a big shiny red button that was labeled, "DO NOT TOUCH. This means you, Chris."

     Well screw you, I'm pressing it! You thought defiantly, smashing your fist on the button (LIKE A BOSS!!!), and sirens began to blare.

     "Project Macro holding cells opened. All Project Macro please leave in your designated attack groups." A voice rang.

     Uh-oh... you thought, feeling the ground tremble. You peeked outside, and noticed that Phaser was tied down as the desert dragon, green liquid oozing from fresh cuts. You assumed this as blood. Phaser changed shape and flew up just as the giants you two passed charged out. One of them, the one with blue hair and a slightly chipper attitude, spotted you, and you ran.

     "Hey! Wait! I just want to talk!" He called, chasing after you. There was no doubt you wouldn't be able to escape this time. He gently scooped you up and had a wide, "friendly" grin on his face. He looked a lot happier to be out here than in the holding cell, and worn out from chasing you. "You're pretty fast. Anyways, you did it! You set us free!" He chirped, pressing you against his cheek in a mock hug. You were still frightened by how fast everything went. You heard a set of giant footsteps thudding down the hall and saw Mark approaching. You felt some hope flutter in your chest.

     "(Y/N)!" He cried. Dan held his hands out, probably not wanting to start a fight with the much better built giant, and familiar hands scooped you up. "Are you okay? He didn't hurt you, did he? How'd you get out?" He asked.

     You explained everything to him, from when you locked yourself in the mineshaft to Dan scooping you up. Mark looked over his shoulder and saw a group of giants, most you've seen already, one you hadn't, behind him.

     "So, now what?" One of the giants, you recognized as Ty, asked.

     "We escape, that's what." Mark said. He looked back at you, then at the hall that split into two halls. One you could feel a breeze, the other you could see a hangar door, which looked feeble enough for even Phaser to break.

Which way would you choose?

A) follow the wind.                         B) Mark, smash!