Chapter 12

"It's a uh, a monument for the things that built this place." You said, hoping to by some time.

"Really? Why are their more than one?" Ethan asked.

You shrugged. "I dunno, but I want to explore more of this place." You said, wandering around. Ethan looked at you with curiosity but soon lost interest as he went to observe the statues of the various beasts. You walked into a hall that had both doors human and giant sized, and went into the human sized doors. The sign above says, "Historical Artifacts and Legendary Treasures." You walked in, and were immediately met by five dragon masks. You yelped, thinking they were actual dragon heads, but they were huge! Mark could probably wear one of those things and it would fit him like a glove! The sign above it read, "The Masks of Tiamat, the Queen of Chaos." Before you were thousands of trinkets and statues. You explored a little, and your attention was caught by a lonesome wooden bowl and piece of coral, which completely threw off the majesty of the room.

"The bowl of duplication and the coral of seeking? Touched by Turtle the Animus SeaWing." You read aloud. You touched the coral, it felt as if it was dunked into ocean water on an hourly basis, but it was dry. You moved on to the next item, which was a scroll with strange writing. "The Scroll of Magic," it read. Next to it were three star-shaped sapphires, which were labeled "Dreamvisitors." Another artifact caught your eye. It looked like a book, no, there were many. All surrounding a statue of a dragon creature.

"The Books of the Multiverse." You read. One book had a wing glyph, another had a tooth glyph, the one that caught your eye the most was the one with an eye on the cover, like a cyclops. You picked up the book and opened it, and were instantly confused. This book wasn't even in a human language. You took the book with you and went back outside. Chaos had erupted while you were exploring. Jack and Mark were scarred by fresh blood pooling from open wounds while Ty was caught in the middle, a few open cuts bleeding purple blood.

"I leave for not even five minutes and you already look an hour into war." You scolded. Jack looked at Mark, still snarling.

"Enough! Both of you! The human's back, so clearly Jack didn't eat them." Ty said. You raised an eyebrow.

Seriously? I go off and explore and you think he just ate me? Is there anything you won't blame poor Jack for? You thought.

"Well, we don't blame him for being hungry all the time since they practically starve us to death." Mark chirped.

Oh yeah, you read minds. Forgot about that. You thought, trying to put up a mental wall.

"Sorry, you can't hide your thoughts from me. Also, what do you have over there?" Mark asked.

"A book with weird writing?" You said, holding the book out.

Ty shoved Jack away so that he could see what she had. "Does it have a wing glyph, fang glyph, or eye glyph on the cover?" He asked.

"An eye." You said. He lowered his hand and you put the book in his hand, which grew to suit his scale. "Why?"

"Guys, I think this is a book on giants and size change." Ty said, opening the book. "Yep, definitely Ancient Valerian. This is a Book of Tenshi." He said, flipping through the pages.

The divided must heal or chaos will consume. The same voice boomed in your head. Chaos. Jack and Mark. The vision. The people caught in between their disputes. Jack and Mark had to heal their bond!

"Hey! Jack! Can you come here for a second? You two, Mark." You called. The Giants looked at each other then crept towards you.

"What's up?" Mark asked.

"You guys need t stop fighting. Bad things will happen if you keep fighting. I, I had a vision, you were fighting and hundreds of people died in the crossfire, thousands more hurt. You guys can't be fighting, we aren't allowed to leave until the broken have healed." You said. Jack and Mark looked at each other.

"Alright, should be easy. Team?" Mark asked, holding out his hand. Jack hesitated, then smiled.

"Team." He said, grasping Mark's hand. "Differences set aside and all."

     You blinked. "So, just-just like that?"

     "Well, yeah. We've been thrown on opposite sides of the arena and beaten each other bloody. But now we're free, we don't have to fight each other against our will." Mark said.

     "Yeah, we may have fought like monsters, but we're still human!" Jack chimed in.

You stared at them for a long time, skeptical. You felt accomplished, but you still felt like things wouldn't change. "So, uh, you good?" You asked. Both giants nodded and got up to join the others. You kinda wanted to ask if anyone else had any grudges or tensions, but you also wanted to go home. What was your choice?

A) group discussion with Giants.                         B) Let's jump!