Chapter 9

You looked up at Mark, deciding to go right. The group followed, and approached the hangar door. Will and Ethan began to destroy most of the aircrafts here until sirens began to blare. Project Macro breach, all staff must get to cover and have their offerings ready. The same voice blared.

     "Yeah, well screw you!" One of the giants snapped at the voice. He had an Irish accent an less masculine voice than anticipated. You looked at the hangar door, and studied it. You then turned back to Mark.

     "Can you smash through that?" You asked.

     "Maybe, I haven't charged at anything other than a few soldier mechs," Mark began, looking over to Tyler. "But Tyler can."

You looked over at Tyler and he gave Mark a confused look.

"What?" He asked. There was shouting down the hall. Ty growled as he pushed passed the group, he had a deep purple scar along his right eye, covered by messy side swept bangs. Of course you're small form could see it, but others probably couldn't. He walked up to the hangar door, and kicked it out as if it was nothing but a soccer ball.

"There. Now there's no need to wait on anyone." Ty said, creeping through the hole.

Tyler and Mark exchanged glances before following the young giant, the rest of the group behind or in front of them. The world was like nothing you've seen before. Sure it was in a canyon, but the rock formations and creatures around were alien. A few phoenixes soared overhead of the group of giants, their mechanical warbling filling the air, and being drowned out by the sound of helicopter blades. You looked behind you and saw a fleet of cargo bobs catching up quickly.

You looked around frantically, dashing from one of Mark's shoulders to the next until you saw a cave. "There!" you pointed, tugging on Mark's earlobe. the giant stopped, and gestured for the others to follow him. Explosions went off all around, a few hit the sides of the canyon, causing rockslides, but everyone managed to get to cover quickly and safely. A few helicopters whizzed by as Tyler, Ty, Ryan, and a few others left to explore the cave with Phaser, whom was now as a chubby green sea dragon with bioluminescent stripes. Phaser came back a few minutes later just as troops started to mobilize.

"There's another way out! We could block the path behind us so that it will take them longer to get here, but we must hurry!" Phaser said, panting with excitement. Mark glared at the dragon skeptically. "What? Don't tell me you don't trust me!"

"No, I'm trying to figure out the many ways I can eat you." Mark snarked. The others looked at Phaser with either curiosity, skepticism, or both.

"W-why would you assume this now when we're so close to freedom? We're almost free I say, free!" Phaser said, backing towards the tunnel. He looked at you for help. "(Y/N)! Please! Help me, I promise I wouldn't betray anyone for those monsters!" He spat the word monster out like it was an old piece of candy left in the streets.

"I dunno, Jack, what do you think?" Ethan said, turning to the Irish giant.

"I think we should let the the human determine his fate. Is they say he can stay, he can stay. If they say he has to go, then I guess we have dinner." Jack said, licking his lips at the thought. Phaser gulped nervously as he curled into a ball, terrified of his awaiting fate. Jack looked over at you, and smirked. "What'll it be, (lad/lass)?"

This was a big choice, to kill something who had helped you, or to spare his life. The decision was yours to make, Phaser's life was in your hands, if you spoke your suspicions, Jack would kill him within a second's notice. But if you really did trust him, he would get to live another day. What was your choice?

Voting timespan has increased from 2 days to 4 for better results.

A) Trust Phaser. B) Get rid of Phaser.