Chapter 11

"I don't know, instinct?" You said. Honestly, you didn't know. Jack gave you a skeptical look, causing Mark to growl at him. The others began to explore while Mark and Jack fought. You managed to climb off of Mark, and made a break for the looming structure before you. Inside, there was a hall with various creatures carved from precious gems, ranging from quarts to diamonds. You walked up to one, the plaque carved below it in gold and platinum, it read, "General Firecrest, head general of the RealmHopper army." Curious, you touched the lettering, and your head started to spin as the world went white. . .

     Firecrest roared as he tore off the wings of another dragon predator, the beast screamed and thrashed. Crystal bombs were going off everywhere as predator screams filled the air of the Great Kingdom of the Sky as they fell to their deaths. One of the predators, General Taberu, flew up behind him, and in one bite, chomped his arm off and swallowed it. Firecrest screamed in pain as he swung his tail, which had a blade on the end of it. The predator's head was sliced clean off, and Firecrest grabbed both the decapitated head and corresponding body, and flew back to his office as the rest of the invaders retreated. He stuffed and mounted the head and wings behind him on the wall, and his collection of stuffed and mounted predator generals began. All because one of them stole his arm.

     The world around you flashed back in front of you. At least now you knew why he only had one arm. Further down was a statue of a feathered dragon with the name, "Akatosh the Peace-conjurer." Next to that was another that said, "Spectrys the Blind Prophet." You went to Spectrys's pedestal first and touched it. This time, the world went black. . .

     "Come on, Grumpy Bird!" A young voice called out. Spectrys grumbled under her breath. Why the heir called her a "Grumpy Bird," she would never know. The two were sent to investigate the RealmHopper-sized predator fiasco, which cost Firecrest his arm. The heir, Hiyaku, seemed excited to go, but Spectrys was only going to hunt them. They liked to eat anything weaker than them, why not give them a taste of their own medicine. The two twisted and dove down to the camp. Spectrys let out a squeak to figure out where to land. The world around her lit up with topographic outlines. A predator camp not too far away was within her ear shot, so she dropped to the floor and licked her lips. This was an easy hunt. Predators were bite sized compared to RealmHoppers, so this should be easy, especially for the heir's first raiding run. Little did she know, that things would take a sharp turn that would through her on the opposite side of the table of fate. . .

     You blinked as color returned to you. You looked up at Spectrys's statue. She looked down at you with ferocious eyes and a snarl. Judging by how she was displayed, she must've always been angry. You went to Akatosh's statue, whom looked noble but worried. You brushed your hand against his plaque, but nothing happened. Instead, there was a story written.

"The founder of the Lion Alliance, brother of the Dragonfly, he roars like a lion, with the fleeting heart of a hummingbird. Lost to the currents of time, we await your return." You read. A statue caught your eye, and you walked over to it. This one was different than the rest, and it gave off very weird and yet home-like vibes. A way home. It looked like the one form your dreams, but only the obsidian dragon was on top while the rainbow toucan, now blue, was on the bottom. There were many others around you, one green, one purple, one bloody red, one fiery orange, and one sunset yellow. The statue you were looking at read, "Portal to Humanverse," but before you could analyze your options, a scene formed before your eyes;

Los Angeles was in ruins as Giants fought against various war vehicles. Mark was thrown into one of the few standing buildings by Jack, but something was wrong with him. He had glowing green eyes and much sharper teeth. He roared and slit Mark's throat, then looked you dead in the eye. In all the times you've had a vision, never, had anything looked you dead in the eyes. He snarled and reached for you with taloned hands, and plucked you off the ground. He gave you a hungry smile and licked his lips, then, the world changed. You were no longer in death's talons, but standing in an open feild with a mountain in the background. Mount Everest. The mountain closest to you, three times bigger than Tyler, split open as the obsidian dragon from the statue crawled out. It spread its massive wings and cracked its neck, and at the same time lightning flashed Mount Everest. This was a different earth because next to you were ruined villages, 2 thousand years abandoned villages to be exact with two-headed raptors invading it. The beast looked at you and craned it's neck. Yellow, reptilian eyes watched you. "Do not go to your home until the divided have healed. Or you shall meet the same fate as the shapeshifter." He said, his voice like thunder, rumbling through the clouds and shaking the ground violently. He beat his wings and sent avalanches towards you, then you were put back into reality.

     You didn't know what that was. Was it a glimpse of the future if the war happened? Surely enough there was a way to stop it. Heal the divided, do not repeat history. His voice rang in your ears as you looked up at the statue. You had a pretty good idea of who the divided was, since you had just escaped their quarrel. Ethan walked in and instantly ignore the statues lining the hallways.

     "Ooh, what's this?" He asked, looking down at you while pointing to the statue.

     Should you tell him that it was a portal, or should you just tell him it's a monument? Note that if you do say it's a portal, then the divided will not heal, and consequences will occur.

A) portal.                                       B) Monument.