Chapter 13

(This chapter is the last chapter of Fate's Hands. Because I've been away from this for so long it has to end. I'm sorry, and the decision you all chose was the ending anyways, so enjoy.) (ps, the picture has nothing to do with the story other than I'm on spring break!) (pps, please listen to the music video, yes it's Christian, but it's an amazing song and was the number one song in the world at one point in time!)

     You chose to gather the giants together, feeling tensions within the group. After two days worth of discussion and stabilizing tensions, you felt that the group was ready, that you all were ready to go home. A war had been evaded, but that didn't mean it was gone completely.

     "So, this alter is really a portal?" Dan asked, poking at it. You nodded.

    "How do we turn it on?" Ty questioned, nudging Dan to wordlessly tell him to stop.

     "I don't know, maybe a trigger word?" You said, looking at the portal.

     "Open!" Mark yelled at it.

     "Activate!" Jack piped in.

     "Earth, please?" You said. For an hour everyone was yelling at the alter, trying to get it to work.

     "Guys, guys!" Ethan yelled over the crowd of voices. Slowly everyone shut up and looked at him. "Did anyone notice the green gem and the slot that it perfectly fits into?" He said, slipping the gem in. The monument pulsed with light, slowly getting faster and faster and faster, before it stopped. Everyone waited ten seconds.

     "It's broken." Ty said bluntly, looking at Ethan. "You broke it!" He whined.

     "Way to go, Nestor!" Jack snapped.

     The alter's dragons began to move, but no one noticed aside from Robin and Ryan. You felt bad for Ethan, everyone was yelling at him.

     "Hey! The things are moving!" Robin chirped. The black dragon was now on top and the white dragon was at the base. The portal flashed to life and a neon green film was on top. "Uh, what now?"

"I don't, know, but I'm going in!" Will said, getting a running start. He yelled as he leapt into the portal, and disappeared. Everyone stared at it. Will didn't reappear.

     "Should we, should we go in or?" Ryan began, confused.

     "I think we should take this the logical way and-"

     "FOR TOBY!!!" Wade yelled, leaping into the portal and cutting Bob off.

     "Go in one at a time..." Bob finished. The others agreed with him. You looked up at the portal, then at Mark.

     "I want to go in with you, Mark, I'm scared something will happen to me if I go in on my own." You said. Mark knelt down before you and offered you his palm. You clambered onto his hand and the two of you watched the others leave. Jack approached Mark with a smirk.

     "I'll see you on the other side, Short Stop." He said. Mark scoffed.

     "Whatever, Irish Airhorn." He retorted, earning a playful punch from the giant as he left into the portal. "I guess it's our turn. Will you have anywhere to go when we go home?" Mark asked. You shook your head.

     "I'm a drifter, I don't have a home." You said.

     "Well, you can stay with me if you want." Mark offered, taking a deep breath and walking upto the portal. Outside gunshots could be heard. A giant much older than Mark came running in, panicking.

     "Help! They're here!" He panted.

     "Get in the portal, we'll close it behind you." Mark said. The other giant didn't hesitate as he jumped in. Mark walked into the portal, his free hand on the gem, and took it with him, closing the inter-dimensional gateway off as the sanctuary was bombarded.

     On the other side, the Giants were all grouped together, the sun was setting. Somehow, Phaser was here, and Jack was giving him a hostile glare. Phaser perked up when he saw you.

     "(Y/N)! It's a miracle! The portal separated me from Jack, I'm free!" He chirped, bouncing up and down. You chuckled and climbed onto Mark's shoulder, staring at the setting sun.

     "I haven't seen this in a long time." Ty said. Ethan nodded in agreement.

     "It's so pretty!" He said. Everyone watched the scene. They all seemed mesmerized by it. You assumed no one had been outside for a long time.

     "So who's that?" Tyler asked, pointing at the newcomer.

     "Hm? Oh, I'm Justin! I've been around for a while now, living in the wild. They found me when you guys escaped." The newcomer said.

     "Justin, nice to meet you." Mark said. "Welcome to the team."

     "What team?" Ty asked.

     "Team Titan Survivors?" You suggested.

     "How about the Marthanóir?" Jack said.

     "That honestly sounds better than what I was thinking..." you said. Mark giggled at that and you gave him a playful glare. They were free now, they were survivors, they had a story to tell others. The sun reflected against the water, stars shining in a wavy path, aligning themselves as if to say this was the right way to go.

     "The Marthanóir, the survivors of Oblivion." You said. The voice was silent that had been warning you, which you took as a sign saying you did the right thing.