second home

{present, New York City}

Y/n's POV

"Y/n get down here and train," is the first thing I get to hear in the morning from my dad.

I groan and sit up in my bed rubbing my eyes. I can hear the faint bustling sounds of the city from outside. I look around at my small city apartment room without any natural light. My old room in Musutafu always had natural light seeping through the windows at this time of day.
I let out a another loud groan.

"I ALREADY TRAINED YESTERDAY THOUGH!!" I scream back hoping he can hear me through my closed door.

"GET DOWN HERE," he says starting to sound irritated.

I whip the covers off my body feeling the cold air hit my feet and walk downstairs still in my sweats. The reason why I moved to New York was because my mother and father separated. I ended up going with my father so he can train and tutor me. I never went to another public school after leaving Musutafu. My mother on the other hand stayed in Japan. My father refuses to let me go and visit her because I need to focus on "training". The only possible way I can go back to Musutafu is if I get into my dream school: UA.

"Let's start off with you surpassing what your quirk could do last week," he says once I meet face to face with him.

I nod and follow him to the training room. I was use to this training every week. Once a week, I am to surpass what I can do with my quirk supposedly to make it more powerful and durable. We make it to the training room and I see the dummy hanging from the ceiling that I've been using my quirk on.

"Alright, go" he says while crossing his arms at me.

I raise my hand and stretch my arm out towards the dummy in front of me. My new goal is to eventually make the dummy explode with my quirk during my monthly training time span. It's the end of the month now.

I open my palm to it and begin to focus all my strength into my hand. I furrow my eyebrows while closing my eyes and feel my hand start to shake. I start to have a hard time concentrating, having different things on my mind.

"Think of something that angers you," my dad says tying to encourage me.

I begin thinking back... now I know what angers me the most... moving away from musutafu.
I start to think about Deku, how I had to leave him and made him cry. We were only 8, I was holding his small hand when I had to tell him. 8 years have gone by since that day and I'm sure he has forgotten about me already, even though I still think about him everyday.

I let out a scream and before I know it the dummy explodes, its stuffing being released everywhere around the room. Everything felt slow motion.
My father still stands arms crossed and he just nods. I look at him feeling a lot more limp and lightheaded.

"Very good, go and get some breakfast," he says while walking out of the room.

I wipe the sweat off of my forehead with the back of my hand and trudge to the wall trying not to pass out. I notice that my hands felt really cold. I stare at the back of my hand and see blood. I place a finger upon the Cupid bow of my lip to feel something wet and warm. There's blood running down my nose, which hasn't happened in awhile now.

I really exceeded my limit there...

I lean my head against the wall closing my eyes and begin to cry.

~ a few hours later ~

After getting my training for the day over with, I decide to spend the rest of my day to myself. I get into my street clothes and grab my bag. Before leaving my room I spot the hero journal that still sits on my desk from when I pulled it out days ago. I hesitate then grab it and shove it in my bag.