Demons Ride Nightmares

-Geoffrey-

I sat on my bed, thinking and feeling gently at the odd completeness I felt. Alex felt it too, and I felt confused at how I could feel him, and Kennedy, and Gavin, and... so many other people. It felt like I finally had something to sit down on after standing all day, parts of me relaxing that I hadn't known were aching. Everything seemed softer, more dulled, and I felt like I was floating. It was nice, and I didn't feel tired. It was like being exhausted, and having a headache your whole life and suddenly feeling refreshed and pain-free. I wanted to purr because of the sensation, but George was in the room; and George was worried enough. He was confused, and scared, and he had a right to be. I mean... I didn't even understand my sudden okayness with being touched. It was frightening, overwhelming, underwhelming, confusing, and exciting all at the same time. He was scared though, and contemplating asking mom to take me to a doctor. They wouldn't find anything they didn't usually find, but I also didn't want to go. Who knew what was different about me now? I didn't remember why I didn't shift in front of my family, but... I knew I didn't and that much was all I needed to know to make my next decision... difficult. I looked up at George, biting my lip and humming as I rocked back and forth slightly. How to tell him? Should I just... shift and show?

Whatever I did, I knew he needed to know. It was time for me to tell him my deepest secret; one that I only hoped he agreed to keep secret from our parents. I stood up and walked over to him, rubbing my arms repeatedly and compulsively tapping my fingers as I struggled to make myself speak. "G-George?" He looked up, confusion and hurt mixing with faint anger on his face. "What, Geff?" I bit my lip struggling not to hum as I tried to think of how to best put it. "Umm... I'm... not normal.... am I?" I supposed if he were accepting I wasn't normal at the get go, he might have a greater chance of not completely losing it. He looked taken aback, then sad and guilty. "N-no... you aren't. We're twins... I feel like it's my fault sometimes..." he looked down, and I stopped rubbing my arms, my fingers relaxing as well. I could do this. "I know that... and i-it isn't t-true, b-but I'm weirder than j-just that, George..." he looked up, confused, and I bit my lip. Now... I couldn't say it. So... I took a deep breath, and shifted. One moment I was a normal person, the next I was a cat; and George grew pale. He began breathing more heavily, and his pupils dilated in fear. I shifted back and reached out to him, trying to ask him not to be mad, but he jerked away, and I felt something cold but me in my chest.

I'd never been rejected by my brother before, ever. He'd always been my rock, my stable point, the one thing in the world I could rely on to be there for me when everything else was falling apart, and now was one of those times. I was confused, scared, and I just needed him to be there so I wouldn't fall in and lose myself... but he pulled away. With tears in my eyes I turned and ran from the room, flying up the stairs and out the front door before either of my parents could do more than see just how badly I was crying. I never ran away from home when I was upset, I always ran back to... my brother. I heard him yelling from behind me, apologies and pleas for forgiveness, but he'd abandoned me- or at least done something close enough too it. I couldn't banish that hurt yet, not when it was still so fresh. So I ran, unable to think of anything until I finally realized how cold it was outside. The air stung my arms like a wasps stingers and the quiet sound of the breeze seemed overwhelming to my ears. And Kennedy was gone. I felt my breath die as I sought out that familiar kinship, the only person left Alex, the Alpha; and he was... in so much pain. I started running again, unable to stop myself, and I was at Kennedy's house in minutes, throwing rocks at his window as the pain in my ears and hands from the feeling of the rocks and the sound they made against the glass made me whine quietly. Kennedy finally opened his window, groggily glaring down at me. "Who's there?!?"

It was a harsh whisper, but loud enough to make me drop the rocks and cover my ears in pain as I dropped to my knees, whining loudly, which only made me hurt worse. I heard Kennedy swear and drop from his window to the ground, even through my hands, and I knew my hearing was only getting worse. Kennedy touched my arm and I gasped, jerking away and curling up in pain. "Shi.... dude, are you okay?" I winced at how loud his voice was, and I shook my head, managing to speak, though it hurt my ears real bad. "A-Alex I-is... p-pain... n-needs h-help..." I whimpered, covering my ears and crying softly. Everything hurt... so much... and it only grew worse every few seconds as Alex felt more and more pain. I couldn't stand it, so I ran to help him; turning and shoving myself to my feet as I recklessly started moving from my sitting position, vaulting over the fence with ease and pain as I ran as hard as possible to get to Alex. He hurt, and I hurt, and I had to help him.