School Daze

~A week later~

—Mason —

I rubbed my eyes, feeling exhausted. I'd started feeling that on the fifth day, and now, a full week had passed. Me and Alex shared an apartment, but that part of it wasn't unbearable. The part of me that ached and was tired, it longed for Geoffrey. I wanted him, and I didn't know what to do. 

The feelings of my... now living body, were far more complex and powerful than I'd assumed them to be. I'd forgotten how hard it was to control yourself when you had needs. And I had needs. I needed /some/ water- as I was able to sweat now- and I was starting to feel a faint need for sleep. Actual sleep.

Sure I'd never needed it before, but my soul was changing on it's own to adapt to the bond. I only stepped in now and then, to stop my soul from touching a part of the others none of us was ready for. I refused to love anyone but my Omega, and I would wait to hear him say it. For now, constant supervision was required, but I couldn't help myself. I had an hour before Alex woke up, two before Geoffrey did. 

So I snuck out, and left a note. He hadn't been kidding, money was running out. However, I'd made progress. I'd figured out I could memorize the mathematical equations at a glance, and they came easily to me on the tests. Same with the english and history studies. I could memorize the entire course, all in a day, for all of my classes. Then I could just take the tests.

That had been my plan, and it had worked for the most part. I was getting close to done with the final exams of the first year. If not for those two gifts, I'd have been hopelessly unprepared. As I walked down the street, I felt my aching tiredness sooth, slowly fading until I stood next to Geoffrey's home.

I longed to go inside, but I didn't need to, so I didn't. I sat next to the vent that lead down to their room, catching Geoffrey's scent mixing with that of his brothers as it escaped the house. I sighed, leaning my head back as I longed to hug him again. That time in the Coven while I tortured him... I regretted it, but I also longed for those days to come back. I wanted to hold him, hear his heartbeat, taste his lips... 

I stood and started walking back to my apartment, feeling drained. The ache always left, though the tiredness needed something more than a smell and a bit of blood from a sparrow. Animal blood worked better for me now, though reptiles and birds were the ones that helped most. I needed human blood, though, and soon. I could feel myself growing weaker, maybe I was entering that comatose state where I'd be useless. Alex had made me promise to tell him if it was getting too much to handle, and when he woke up, I'd be keeping that promise. 

When I stepped inside, I locked the door and windows, then climbed into bed. My eyes ached, and I felt so exhausted... Maybe I could rest my eyes, just for a few minutes... I tried closing my eyes- more than relaxing, this actually gave me a bit of a problem; I was asleep in seconds.

________________________________________________________________________________  

—Alex—

I woke up and groaned, staring tiredly at the ceiling. I was in a building again tonight I was starting to get annoyed with myself. I had only had to stay for three nights, to make sure he didn't cause trouble. It was like I couldn't make myself sleep away from the vampire. Speaking of the bloodsucker... I glanced at him and paused. He was asleep, something I'd never seen him do.

He looked beautiful when he slept, and that annoyed me for some reason. I shook my head, standing and starting to clean up after him- undressing him, tucking him in, and picking up after him; his clothes, laptop, food, and water. Some of the items were mine, but at least he was sleeping. I moved to leave, pausing on the threshold. I didn't know why I wanted to stay so badly, but it was grating on my senses to leave. I had to accomplish my other duties though, so...