Families don't break

—Alex—

I groaned my back aching as I woke up. I hurt everywhere, but it was the kind of ache one got from... sitting up all night. Perfect. I groaned,  standing up and popping my back. Mason wasn't on the bed anymore, he was back at the computer, typing away like a madman. I chuckled, shaking my head- good luck to him.

I finally could leave without hurting, so I did. I had things I needed to do. I shivered, walking through town. I was wary, on edge. Alphas didn't fight fair when their packs were challenged by a rival pack. He would be planning how to jump me and kill me, if I knew us alphas at all. So I watched, making my usual old rounds.

That man's scent had started to overtake my own, in some places, so I took pleasure in ruining his attempt to claim my territory. At least he didn't have a Luna or mate of some kind. Mated draconians tend to be stronger, faster, and generally better than unmated ones. Likely because they had something to protect.

I finished marking my territory and reclaiming my boundaries, sighing happily as I did so. I felt better after doing that- it wasn't something that made me stronger, or that helped the pack much, but I felt better for doing it. It made me feel like my pack was safer.

Next on the list for today, was gathering my pack and having a meeting of some kind. Packs needed that, to strengthen bonds, know about each others lives, and so I began hunting for a spot where we could gather, knowing that my old spot wasn't available. It was shocking how easily a cat could cross the city, and how easily they went unnoticed by most people. 

It took all day, but I did find a place, though it certainly would be a hassle getting them all together... I had a few plans, though. I just wanted to go over them with my pride. It was part of my nature, my own personal pride as a leader, that I usually wouldn't do things without my pride being at the very least aware of it. Unless I had no choice, that is, or were overwhelmed by emotion and being stupid. 

Luckily, I had Geoff and Mason and Kennedy to help keep me from being stupid again; and Geoff's twin to keep me from doing catnip... I swore as my fur stood on end and my wrists and ankles began to itch mildly. They'd get worse soon enough... I'd just had to think about that stupid stuff... 

I sat, patiently waiting as I refused to become human and scratch my withdrawal-induced itches. They grew more intense over time as I waited for the sun to set, but I ignored it- I was very painfully aware of exactly how bad they'd get if I indulged myself. I focused on my surroundings instead. Mostly.

________________________________________________________________________________

George— 

I sighed, looking blearily at the clock in the bedroom I shared with my twin. Geff was in my lap, purring and asleep as I held him. Three in the morning... I'd heard his panicking around midnight, and been forced to wake him up by shaking him. He'd calmed down after that, but... I'd held him. He'd wanted more, and asked if I'd hold him till he was asleep. The problem was, as I'd found out far too late to escape, I couldn't sleep upright, and Geff was an extremely light sleeper as a cat. 

I just waited silently, gently petting his fur and smiling, shaking my head. His fur was a bright orangey-red now, and even fluffier if that was possible. I mentally began wondering how he'd react if he realized how alike were. How similar our magic was... would he try to eat me? 

No, knowing him he'd be very confused and hurt that I hadn't told him before. Probably he'd be extremely bashful and shy about it at first, but he'd be extremely curious... I sighed, leaning against the wall and looked at the sky through the window. I wanted to go flying again so badly...

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 28, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Do Alphas Apologize? (A Cat's and Dog's book)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें