Blood test

-Mason-

A week. It took a week of painful amounts of gorging before I felt in enough control of myself. Even then, I didn't trust myself to ignore the humans completely, so I wandered into town the night before I was planning to test myself and found Alex easily enough.

He lead me through town to a roof and I hopped up there, and found him waiting, staring at me with creepy eyes. I liked him, he was a guy who understood the truly important things in life. The things I'd only just come to truly know.

Protecting Geffs innocence, and destroying everyone who hurt him.

We could easily find common ground in that. I could tell he was developing feelings for Geff, and I also knew that he was fighting to keep them down. He was concerned for Geff's emotional state, and was terrified he'd hurt the man.

I could understand that, and I wouldn't hold his feelings against him. It was hard to when you yourself were able to lose your mind over wondering if he would ever forgive you or not.

"What did you wish to speak of?" I asked, meeting his gaze with a half-smile and a raised eyebrow. It was a very cocky expression, I admit, but so what? I was curious.

"I might need your help." He was serious and didn't seem up be joking, so I stared, confused. Since when did Alex ever need, much less want, my help? Better question, when did any Were want a Vampires help?

"Okay... what would you need me for?" The answer was simple. And shocking.

"I may need to mark you."

That left me frozen, blinking from the shock. Mark. In the Were world, that term meant to be made part of a pack- in this case a pride. But, a mark was always made on the neck- displaying subservience toward your Alpha in a primal way.

In vampire society, only lovers bit each others necks. Lovers who had shared their whole selves with each other. It was even more intimate to an anima. We saw each others souls, and lovers formed a bond between their souls with the bite.

That was what this Alpha was suggesting.

I shivered, disgusted by the idea, already backing away. I opened my mouth to reject him, to deny this- to crush that hope he seemed to have that I'd give in. Then he said the words that he knew would leave me caving to his desires.

"It's to protect Geff. From another Alpha." I winced, fists clenching as I shut my mouth and glowered. Why would this be necessary? Another alpha, of course. Omegas were fairly rare, and adding one to his pack would give this stranger-Alpha an immense amount of prestige.

Alex was the only person I trusted to care for Geff the right way- to treat as a person instead of an object to be kept nice and polished. He didn't care what others thought about his way of doing things- his only priority was his pride.

Sometimes, I hated being able to see people's souls, their dreams, hopes, desires, and intentions. The very thing that made me a Were's worst enemy, also made me the most likely to help him in this.

I grimaced, then sucked in a breath and tilted my head, squeezing my eyes shut as I clenched my fists. I waited to be marked, to be degraded beyond what any vampire ever before had been, so that my Omega could avoid the same fate.

Blessedly, he made it swift. He barely touched my neck for a few moments, his breath brushing against my skin as his teeth touched it. Then he was gone, and I felt oddly... dull. I shook my head, holding a hand to it as I slowly straightened my head. Then I winced. My neck burned and so did my eyes, my breathing growing ragged and unstable.