Promises made and kept

-George-

He was gone.

Mom and Dad had searched all over town, but he was nowhere to be found, as if he'd skipped town entirely. I felt horrible. I'd seen that cat often enough, I knew it was the sweetest thing, and I knew who my brother was. Just because he could become a cat didn't mean anything. But I'd been so shocked I'd pulled away when he needed comfort.

It was all my fault, I'd seen the hurt and betrayal in his eyes, and I knew he'd run away because of me. I hated myself, and the marks that were starting to firm on my wrist proved it. I'd started last week, two weeks after he'd left. I hadn't known how stressful life was without him there to keep everything from falling down. It was a struggle to keep the house clean nowadays, and the dishes were never completely done, the girls felt depressed and afraid and they missed their older brother.

I missed Geoffrey too, but I couldn't change my stupidity now. We asked the police for help, and we set up flyers all over town; I even got our grandparents to start handing some out at their church. I felt awful, as I deserved to, and I knew how hard my betrayal must've hit him; he must be so scared and alone right now... he'd be crying as he sat down, trying to hide from everyone and everything. The poor kid never was used to standing up for himself.

________________Lb_______________

-Geoffrey-

I saw her vaguely through my tears; Brown hair, darkish tan skin, weird eyes... I shuddered the colors blurring in my eyes as a weird double-image was placed on top of them, giving the illusion she was two people. I was terrified, in pain, and exhausted. The bruises all over me throbbed in unison with my heart, and I was done with the whole thing. Only I was stuck here, no chance of getting out. I wanted my brother, I wanted my Alpha, and I wanted my hope back. She spoke.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I covered my ears, flinching in pain; she was speaking so loudly. She paled instantly, and then was speaking much more softly; I could still hear her through my hands though. "How long have you been packless?" I knew the answer, I also was afraid of talking too loud. I did it anyways.

"L-l-life... f-f-few d-d-days... with p-p-pack a d-d-day..." she grew paler, fear showing on her face.

"Omegas shouldn't have this problem... he broke you too fast." She was suddenly gone, back again in an eye link with Mason on her arm. He seemed fine despite the last time I'd seen him, though he was crying again. He'd schooled himself so he wouldn't show himself so vulnerable in front of me, but I could see how fresh the tears were.

She strode over to me, picked up my wrist, making me whimper in pain, and turned around to show him. "Bruises? Sensory overload to the extreme? I've never seen even an omega with so little unbroken will. What the heck did you do to him!? Why is he injured?!?" She spoke just loud enough that I wanted to cover my ears, but she was holding my arm so I could only move one. It didn't help.

"The bruises are from him showering this morning, or so he tells me. And the only reason he's so hypersensitive is because he's been disconnected from his Alpha for more than a month. I-"

"HOW LONG?!?" Mason got cut off by an angry witch who was loud enough to have me crying silently again. Suddenly my hand was removed from her grasp and Mason was standing in front of me.

"Calm yourself and quiet down; you're hurting him." She stared at him in disbelief before growling lowly.

"You idiot; he needs his pack connections! Alphas and Betas and even Luna's have it hard enough, but an Omega can't survive without a pack link. Their senses go haywire, they lose their ability to make choices, they become hypersensitive to commands and it can get to the point where simply hearing a commanding tone will bruise them. He especially needs one." She fling a finger out at me, holding me at the spotlight again.

"He hasn't had one most of his life? He never had a pack connection so he was as stable as his body could be. The weaker links he made with his family were enough. Then along comes a pack link and those weaker links aren't enough anymore. They never will be. His very soul is too large for that now, though you're bloody well trying to make it smaller. Who was his pack-leader?" She seemed so in control, so dominant and certain, that I had to fight not to cower any more than I was. I would've left if I could've done it without them watching me like a pair of hawks. As it was, unless I moved I was invisible to them. So I remained still and quiet, waiting them out. Mason was paler than normal in his silent anger, eyes a deep, vibrant red.

"Cell system. Beneath the basement. Harriet is waiting for the last dose of venom to leave his system before administering more. He's been unconscious since he was brought here. They were waiting for me to tame Geoffrey here, though that was done the day I spoke to him wasn't it? He's the tamest thing I've ever seen..." he turned to me and opened his mouth, regret, pain, sorrow, and curious hope on his face before I was suddenly somewhere else.

"Your Alpha is down here, go-" I had heard them up above and my hopes had been raised the moment Mason had said the word cell, and I had barely taken the time to register where we were before dashing off after Alex's scent. I could tell which direction he was in, it grew weaker the farther from him I got, and it took barely a minute to find my way to his cell and pause breathlessly outside of it. The door was locked and a woman was bending over him, mouth opening slightly as her fangs extended to bite his neck. The venom had worn off.

I screeched, banging against the door of the cell as she jerked around at the sudden and unexpected sound; I'd somehow still been silent as I'd run all the way here and she hadn't caught my scent yet. She stared at me, pupils dilated and nostrils flaring as her eyes grew vibrantly red at the sight of me. I felt pain thrum through me and tears begin running down from my eyes, but I couldn't stop howling and shrieking as I banged against the door to the cell. The woman smirked, then ducked down and bit Alex's neck for an instant before we switched places, me suddenly in the cell with Alex while she fell over at the sudden lack of anything underneath her.

She glared at me before the witch from earlier, gripped her ear, making her wince as she was slowly pulled to her feet. Rae was a full foot or so shorter than Harriet, but that didn't stop her from angrily dragging the woman away while ignoring her protests. I whipped around, my eyes scanning over him as I moved without thinking, climbing onto the small cot Alex was slaying in and whimpering as I inspected the bite marks in his neck. There were dozens, all scarred over, meaning he'd been bitten repeatedly and that wasn't healthy. There was only so long one could go without eating... unless you had some kind of magic keeping you alive or something.

I licked the wound, eyes tight and worried as I shifted into my cat form, snuggling close to him and breathing in his safe, comforting scent while I purred desperately. He was all I had left of my old life, and I was terrified of losing him too. I knew a cats purr pile help speed healing, so hopefully it could help him wake up sooner from whatever they'd filled him with. Alex stirred, and I closed my eyes, shaking slightly as I began to softly cry. This was something I had needed so badly for so long... it was so much of a relief to simply be near my alpha; soon Alex would be awake and I'd have my pack back. The thought was simply too wonderful to bear.

So I cried, too overwhelmed to notice Masons scent faintly lingering in the air. He was watching, and his face showed just how deeply my expressiveness for Alex cut him; the knowledge I was willing to brave contact with my unconscious Alpha, but flinched away from his every touch.

It cut him to the core.

_________________________________(A/N) Hey Guys! Sorry this is so short, I only just rewrote the outline for this story and I couldn't find anything to add, as it wraps up fairly nicely. I also recently decided to actually focus on a better writing style; hopefully it's easier to read. Let me know, please!

So, I need a decision and I might as well ask now. Mason has his reasons for being so... blunt. I promise he does, though he's still a jerk for not checking the facts. So, pick anyone in the story and come up with a ship name for Geoffrey and that character. The best ship wins! If it's him and his family, you're disqualified immediately. He isn't adopted, and that's just disgusting. 

This will decide how I finish the outline, so be aware of that, Okay? Good! Now, let's do this!

Till next time, Sept-Mates!

Your Poet and Scribe,
~ShadeFinder<(0^0)>