The Fight...

(A/N If you want to, replace any features of the character herself, but unfortunately if you try to replace anything apart from hair, eye colour, etc, it might clash with the rest of the story.)

Katy's P.O.V

Weeks passed by with me, the professor and Luke working our way to the summer holidays. With only two months to go, I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then, one day, something happened.

It all started in the morning at school.

"Okay class, today, we're doing Algebra. x times y is equal to xy blah blah blah...." My teacher ranted on about algebra and I ignored her for the first time ever. Melanie wasn't doing her usual stare and glare thing at me. She was just whispering to Clara, smirking. Suddenly, Luke tapped me. "Katy, are you okay?" He whispered.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that Melanie isn't glaring at me." I replied.

Luke gave me a funny look. "Why, did you like her glaring at you?" He asked.

I sighed. "No, it's just that she's being so suspicious..."

My teacher cleared her throat. "Miss Altava, please tell me what conversation were you having with Luke that was so important you ignored me?"

I started flushing as most of the class tried to hide their laughs. Suddenly, Clive Dove started spluttering, which earned a glare from me and the teacher.

"Katy, would you like to tell the class what you and Luke were talking about?" My teacher asked.

"Well... Um... You see... Oh yeah,  we were talking about how you would teach um... year one students about this!" I replied as quickly as possible.

My teacher looked at me obviously wanting me to continue. So she said, "Yes? Elaborate." 

"Well, a pancake could be x and butter could be y, so multiply them and you get a pancake and butter!" I said a little too brightly.

Me teacher looked at me. "Katy, are you sure you're not just hungry?" She asked.

Most of the class were in fits of laughter by now, shaking their desks with how hard they were laughing. I slumped in my seat in embarrassment.

"Okay then everyone, now we're going to do a maths quiz!" My teacher said excitedly.

We all groaned. "Now, now, class. Why don't I let you choose people to be in your group."

"Katy, Luke, can me and Clive join you?" Flora asked from behind us. I smiled at Flora, about to reply, when Melanie barged past me and walked up to Luke, spinning her hair round her finger.

"Hey Luke, do you want to be in my group?" She asked, still spinning her hair round her finger.

Just as Luke was about to reply, I interrupted him. "Melanie, if you want a member for your sassy diva maths quiz group, you'll have to choose someone else because Luke is in our group. Now will you stop trying to hypnotize him? Sometimes I think you're a vampire." Melanie gasped and glared at me. Then she stormed off to find another partner.

*************************************************

In science, we were talking about flowers and things. My science teacher, Mrs Gren, (if you see what I mean I will be so happy) was talking about flower reproduction one minute, then the next, she was talking about how her husband Barry got her flowers for her anniversary and then he took her on the most romantic date yadah yadah.

Then Mrs Gren perked up. "Class, how would you like to make your own flower bouquets?" 

The boys for once didn't groan.