I can't love you...

Katrina's P.O.V

Me and the professor seemed to get very close after Katy's 'episode.' 

We started talking more first, then we were eating lunch together, then we both realised we liked archaeology, then soon it was a full-blown relationship!

Not like dating or anything. Just very good friends. Katy seemed to smile and give me good advice all the time on how to talk to the professor and not have a major panic attack. I had a HUGE crush on him and I don't want to blow it. 

So one day, me and the professor were walking.

"Professor, I've been hearing about your lessons, and apparently you're the best archaeologist in Gressenheller University!" I said excitedly looking at him.

"Oh, so that's what they've been saying? Well if you want to find out, you can join in my next lesson." Professor Layton said smiling a little.

I did an inward victory dance and replied: "Of course, when would you like to do so?"

Professor Layton chuckled. "I'll be at your flat to pick you up at 7:00 AM."

In case you didn't know, me and Emmy got a flat.

I groaned. The professor knew well enough that early times did not work out for me.

We suddenly laughed. Sadly, it was time for us to part ways. We said a cheerful goodbye, then headed to our homes.

Professor Layton's P.O.V

After I walked inside, I sighed happily. I liked Katrina a lot. It was nice for us to be going to places together. I sat down, to find Katy and Luke behind the chair looking at me and a puzzle.

"Professor! How did it go with Katrina?" Luke asked in a teasing tone.

I sighed. The children always pestered me about Katrina to try and get the truth out of me. Katy was always more mature about it though.

"Quite well actually. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare for a lesson that I'm having tomorrow." I said, walking off.

I locked the door to my room smiling and sat down. I needed to make the lesson perfect. Someone special was going to be there.

Katy's P.O.V

It was clear that the professor was having Katrina in his class the next day. Normally, after a day of teaching, he would grab an archaeology book and a puzzle and start working on the two with a huge smile on his face. He always had a lesson planed out in his brain. But since Katrina was going to be there, he needed to plan it carefully, making sure everything went smoothly.

"Luke, we have to go to the university tomorrow." I said, a sly and sneaky grin appearing on my face.

"Yes we do, I want to have a picture of the special moment where the professor and Katrina get together so that we can all keep it in our hearts." Luke said smiling.

We headed off to our room, with a whole new plan formed in our heads.

Katrina's P.O.V

I was having a slice of toast and hot chocolate when the professor knocked.

I opened the door and smiled. "Hello professor, how are you?"

"I'm doing very well Katrina. Are you excited?" The professor asked with a childish look of excitement on his face. I laughed.

"Yes I am. Do please let me get my coat." I said, the grabbed my coat.

We walked out of the door.

~~~~~~Time skip~~~~~~~

I walked up to the professor after the archaeology lesson was over.

"That was amazing! I didn't know you were such a good teacher!"

The professor chuckled lightly. "It was decent I suppose. Anyway, I do need to get a few of my things. Go ahead of me. I'll catch up."

I walked out of the classroom, smiling. When I was halfway through the hall, I was stopped by some girls who were in the professor's class earlier on.

"Hey, how do you know the professor?" One asked.

"We're close friends. Why do you ask?" I replied,  looking at them lightly.

The girl snapped her fingers. Another girl came up, grabbing me by the ear. She pulled it closer to her mouth then whispered: "Then become a little less close then, won't you? Take this as a warning." 

The girl punched me three times in the face. It hurt quite a lot, but that was why I took karate lessons with Katy and Emmy.

"You messed with the wrong girl. Students." I grabbed the girl who hurt me by the collar the punched her. Then I let go of her and the girls ran away screaming. 

I wiped the blood off my face, then used sanitary wipes to clean it up.

"Katrina! Are you okay? I heard fighting!" The professor yelled, running up to me.

"I'm fine. The girls who tried to hurt me learnt a lesson I don't think they'll forget anytime soon." I said smirking.

The professor sighed a sigh of relief. 

"Professor Layton, would you...do you...want to go on a...date?" I asked nervously.

The professor's face grew dim. More dark and grim actually. 

"Katrina, I'm sorry, but I can't. I love someone else...but I'm mourning her at the same time." The professor tilted his hat downwards. "I have to go Katrina, I'm sorry." 

He ran off, leaving me in the hallway. I walked out into the rain, to find Katy waiting for me with a comforting look on her face.

Katy's P.O.V

The professor ran out of the university. Through the windows, I could see Katrina standing on her own, looking heartbroken. 

"Professor, what did you do to my sister." It wasn't even a question, I was angry, but I wasn't going to let potty Katy take control of me because my resolution was not to.

"I lost my girlfriend Claire a while ago, but she died, I'm just not ready for anyone else." The professor said, in tears.

I'd never seen the professor cry. Unfortunately, Luke had to go to his performance. If he was there at that moment with me he would have known what to do.  I just stood there, looking comforting to Katrina as she came up to me and cried in my arms.

Then I got a text. 

Now the depression begins....

-Unknown

A/N: CLIFFHANGER!!! I feel so evil...What do you think will happen next? Who's the mystery text from? Who was ??? in the last chapter? All will be revealed soon....