Depressed Professor

2021 update: After reading this chapter I am so close to just deleting this book or editing it. It's honestly horrible.

Previously....

"What did you do to my sister."

"Claire...."

Now the depression begins....

-???

Katy's P.O.V

Ever since the professor rejected Katrina, he hadn't been the same.He got up, went downstairs to make himself tea, then headed back upstairs and locked himself in his room. All day. Eventually, he wouldn't even get out of bed! He just locked himself up all day. I even thought he was dead for 3 hours! But the groaning stated otherwise.

I walked into his room one morning, then a pungent smell hit me. I looked around at piles of clothes staring at me. The professor was sprawled on his bed, looking glum.

"Professor, you need to get out of bed and get some exercise!" I said, grabbing piles of clothes and taking them downstairs.

The professor groaned. He shifted. Then....nothing.

I sighed, then started gathering up clothes. I put them all in the wash, then rushed upstairs with cleaning equipment. I basically turned the professor's room upside down cleaning it. Soon, the only thing left to clean was the professor. And his bed.

Maybe Katrina is the only one who can solve this...

Katrina's P.O.V

The phone rang on my bedside table. I turned round and picked it up. It was Katy.

A/N: K is Katrina and KA is Katy.

KA: Katrina, I'm glad I got hold of you. I know the professor is not in your best books right now, but can you please help me? I think he's depressed...

K: Okay....I'll be over soon.

KA: Thanks a bunch Katrina!

I clicked the call off, then climbed out of bed. The professor like, literally killed my emotions. I couldn't feel anything. No hatred, regret, awkwardness, or even love. All I could feel was myself, walking about, getting myself ready for the tiresome day ahead. The professor though, he might feel very different.

Professor Layton's P.O.V (This is in present tense)

What have I done, or what will I do... All my heart seems to be for Claire, but I love Katrina. There are so many things I can do to myself, but I can't. If I do, there will be so much pain. Not only for me, but for the ones I love too. My huge family... I can't live like this. I might just have to...end it all. The pain will die away eventually, I guess.

Katrina's P.O.V

I knocked on the door of the professor's flat. I thought for a moment.

I guess it is fair to love him, I mean, we aren't actually related by blood. We're just sort of family.

Then Katy opened the door, smiled and said to me, "He's upstairs."

I nodded confidently and walked up the stairs.

I knocked on the door to the professor's room, but there was no response.

That triggered the first emotion I felt after the professor rejected me. Worry. Then I felt fear. I suddenly felt all of my mixed emotions for the professor. I didn't hate him though, I was just sad.

It didn't matter much though. I had to get to the professor.

I kicked the door open, to find the professor leaning over the railings of his window. I knew what he was going to do, or felt like doing.

"Hershel stop!" I yelled.

He turned around. It was the first time I'd called him Hershel since I'd met him.

He suddenly broke. He was crying, sitting on the floor.

"What's up? Why are you crying?" I asked in a confused tone. I shut the door, surprised that it wasn't broken.

"You're voice...It reminded me of a lady I used to love...Claire. She died in a fire, that's why I said no to you." The professor answered.

It was like I had been hit with a sign post. So the professor did love me? And ouch, being hit really hurt.

"So...do you remember anything she ever said to you?" I asked.

The professor looked at me. "Yes, I do. She said that if she ever died, that I should not allow her to blockade me from a new relationship. And actually, I think her spirit is in you."

I smiled, then helped the professor up. I let him go take a shower, clean himself up, then make his bed neat.

"So Katrina, do you want to, by any chance, go out with me?" The professor asked with his normal gentlemanly look.

I smiled. "Take this as a yes."

Slowly, I edged myself closer to him, then I brushed my lips against his.

Soon, I was kissing him passionately, my hand ruffling his hair. Sadly, we had to part for air. Also because, we had a lot of work to do. That was the start of a beautiful relationship.

??? P.O.V

That annoying Katy and her scheming ways. If it weren't for the fact that we were related, I might even be in love with her. So smart and beautiful. But how will she deal with it if she finds out I have her sister?

A/N: I feel obliged to give two people a shoutout, because of their awesome stories.

They are....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

@lollypop1304 and @edlover524 !!!

I am giving these two a shout out for their amazing stories.

@lollypop1304 wrote a completed Qrow x reader, which is, amazing as far as I'm concerned and a Professor Layton x reader which is actually called Professor Layton x reader: Luke's sister(on going).

@edlover524 wrote a one shots book which is also ongoing and is also amazing and another Professor Layton x reader which is called Dazed and Confused(also ongoing). It is a really great read.

Anyway, I'm glad these two write stories, so here's a shoutout! See you in the next chapter!

Nintendogirl123

xxx