A near miss.... and A DATE!!!

Katy's P.O.V 

I opened the door slowly after hearing Luke and the professor talking outside. Luke looked up at me and I smiled sadly at him.

I didn't want to sound rude, but I had to ask him. "Why are you here?"

Luke didn't look at all hurt. He seemed quite happy to reply. "Well, I was sick in the classroom, so, I think it was fitting for me to go home with you."

I smiled. At least I was at home with Luke.

"Professor Layton, I hope you understand that violence isn't acceptable in this school." The principal said.

My misty blue eyes darted around the room. I thought Melanie was staring at me from a corner or something. She's so annoying.

"Yes, I understand that Mel- I mean Katy's behaviour was unacceptable. But might I ask,  did you ask a witness whether what Melanie  was saying was true?" The professor replied.

"Well, um... Katy is a bad girl, she has been skipping classes and not paying attention. She also failed her maths test and said it was stupid!" The Principal lied.

I glared at the Pricipal. "I did none of that professor! He's lying!"

"I know that Katy, according to your reports, your maths test isn't until tomorrow." The professor said smoothly.

I smiled gratefully at him and the Principal smirked.

"Well, I'm the Principal here, so I can say what I want. Now Katy Altava, you, Luke and Professor Layton should leave immediately!" 

"Fine!" I said loudly.

Then I grabbed Luke's hand and we headed back to the classrooms. Me and Luke packed our stuff silently for a while until he spoke up.

"Katy, are you alright with the Principal being Melanie's dad?" 

I looked at Luke with an emotionless face. "Why would I care if Melanie's dad was the Principal? It's just the sheer unfairness of this situation that had got me mad." I slammed my locker shut. Then our teacher walked out to find me and Luke. She looked me in the eye, surprisingly, and smiled. "Katy, I know you're a good girl. Actually, I've had some 'words' with Melanie. So don't worry about her."

After saying that, our teacher left me and Luke. I sighed. 

"Well come on Luke. Let's go." I said tiredly.

Me and Luke walked out to find the professor in the laytonmoblie typing and typing.

It seemed he was intrigued with something, but I didn't want to check. 

"Katy, I'm not going back to school until you go back." Luke said confidently.

I smiled. No point stopping him. I thought. I sighed and watched as Luke walked towards the other side of the laytonmobile. Then I saw a car. "Luke!!!" I yelled, running towards him and grabbing him, pulling him back. 

The professor ran out, panting. "Luke! You have to be careful!"

"It's okay professor, I'm fine..." Luke was blushing probably mostly because he was scared and probably also because he was embarrassed that he could be so careless.

I grabbed Luke's hand and pulled him closer. Then before I realized what I was doing, me and Luke were kissing! I hugged him, pulling him closer to me as the professor watched speechless. Then I pulled away in a flustered state. "Luke? Do you... want to go...on a....DATE!" I kinda yelled date, because I was nervous.

"Of course!" Luke said enthusiastically. I smiled as he turned tomato red. The professor directed us gently to the car and drove us home with us smiling at each other the whole way.

Professor Layton's P.O.V

I can't tell them that I need an assistant. Two apprentices is enough. They aren't rivaling but still, just to be sure, no more. No assistants no apprentices. I can work alone.