"You're in big trouble Katy Altava."

Katy's P.O.V

Then I realized what she had done...

The Principal dragged us like a pair of socks on the washing line.

"Melanie! Why did you do that?! I actually thought we were becoming friends!" I whisper-shouted.

"Ha! Me! Friends with you? Why would I want to be friends with a self-absorbed, evil little diva like you?" Melanie whispered.

"Melanie! That's all you!" I whisper-yelled at her.

"No it's not! I'm a puzzle solving genius who protects Luke from you!" Melanie replied.

"Melanie! Are you nutty? That's me!" I whispered to her.

"Now! Melanie! Katy! Can you explain what happened!" The Principal boomed at us.

"Mr Cooper, I'll tell you what happened. Melanie was kissing Luke and making him weak, so I had no choice but to use my karate skills to stop her. But afterwards, she said her neck was hurting. So, I checked her neck to see if she was hurt. Then she started sounding like she was chocking, so I yelled Melanie in worry. Then you came." I explained.

"No! That's not what happened! Me and Luke were talking, then this crazed Katy came over, and started strangling me!" Melanie yelled.

"Well, I'll take Melanie's word for it. KATY YOU ARE-" The Principal started.

"Mr Cooper! You need evidence to take Melanie's word!" I said, startled that the Principal could be so clueless.

"Katy! Be quiet and respect Principal Cooper's choices!" Melanie said then turned to the Principal. "Thank you daddy."

I gasped. Suddenly, I knew what all of this was. I had been set up.

"I knew something was weird. But I didn't know that this was going to happen." I murmured.  

The Principal looked at me with a stern look on his face. "Katy, you are suspended until next term. I'll call Professor Layton now so you can go home. And NO excuses. You're in big trouble Katy Altava."

I gulped. I hoped it would go well.

Luke's P.O.V

After Katy saved me and got dragged away, the bell went.

As soon as I got inside, I was bombarded with questions.

"Is Katy suspended?"

"Is Melanie your girlfriend?"

"Is Katy insane?"

"No! She-" I trailed off as a sickly feeling came over me. I rushed towards the bathroom and bumped into our form teacher Ms Stanley. Then I was terribly sick.

I went into class, shaking, just to find Melanie in Katy's seat.

"Luke? Are you okay?" She asked in a sickly sweet tone.

"Yes, I'm fine. What happened to Katy?" I asked.

"My dad- I  mean the Principal called Professor Layton so Katy can go home because she was suspended." Melanie said with a smirk on her face.

So this was it. Melanie set this all up. The Principal is her father. An anger suddenly overcame me.

"Enough about her. She deserved that. Let's get back to the lesson hon." Melanie babbled infuriatingly. 

I had  enough.

"Melanie! You kissed me, got into a fight with Katy and pretended to be strangled just to get Katy suspended and me to like you? Well guess what Cooper! I hate you! I hate you! I hate hate hate you!" I yelled at her. 

I was suddenly sick in the classroom with everyone looking at me. 

I ran to the office to find the professor standing out side looking grave.

"She didn't do it professor, you know she didn't." I said.

"I know Luke, I heard the real story. I think this school should have a check done on it. Don't worry, it'll be fine." The professor replied.

I caught him by surprise in a hug. The professor smiled down at me. Then, the door started opening.....