4

'f u c k   t h a t.   y o u   t h e   o n l y  o n e   e v e r'

   y o u   t h e   o n l y  o n e   e v e r'

namjoon was ecstatic. his new promotion wouldn't only get him more money monthly, but he was assigned to a troubled boy who's never spoken before.

namjoon knows the back story of his new "under" —the names of the patients that have been assigned a personal guard.

he used to work in hall B, where the majority of the patients there just needed extra help to do everyday things.

before namjoon is officially considered a guard for yoongi, he has to see if he's fit enough to be yoongi's guard. this protocol requires namjoon to feed him, give him his medicine and make sure he isn't too hyper.

namjoon is almost startled by the loud buzzing from the door, he almost drops the metal tray that holds yoongi's food and vitamins.

heading towards the cell, he immediately recognizes the only quiet boy who sits against the opaque wall to his cell; or "room".

namjoon feels a bit nervous. reading the boy's profile, he felt a bit intimidated, his last guard was beat by him and he murder his family, yet hasn't spoke ever.

namjoon knocks three times.

"he can't just open the door from the inside genius" namjoon tells himself as he pulls the key card out.

opening the door, he sees yoongi sitting against the wall.

yoongi flutters his eyes twice before following namjoon's movements.

namjoon slowly sits down beside yoongi.

"i uh, -i brought some food for you" namjoon says as he lifts the food from the tray

yoongi watches namjoon pick the sad excuse of a sandwich from the tray and try to convince him to eat it.

"c'mon.. it's really good, more than i can afford on a bad day" namjoon chuckles at his own joke

he found it awkward when yoongi only stared back at him

"u-uh, okay" he rubbed the back of his head

"time to take your medicine babe" namjoon mindlessly says

yoongi's breath catches in his throat. he can feel the heat rush towards his cheeks. he bites his lip to distract him from the burning sensation on his chest.

"i-im sorry if you're uncomfortable with pet names, im so used to my old under... she was a little six year old girl i was assigned to for three years and pet names kind of calmed her when she had epilepsy attacks" namjoon says as his nervousness gets the best of him

yoongi shakes his head side to side to namjoon.

namjoon felt relieved.

yoongi also felt a little less tense and more comfortable around namjoon.

"i know they're not your thing, but, please? for me, take them whenever you like.. i won't tell, i'll be back in ten darling"

do you - kim namjoon