5

'y o u m a d e m e a g a i n'

it was around the middle of the day, and yoongi sat in the same spot where namjoon had left him

it was around the middle of the day, and yoongi sat in the same spot where namjoon had left him. it wasn't long ago namjoon left... maybe five minutes.

yoongi heard the rattling of keys against the second lock on the door. there's a key card lock for personal guards and key hole locks for everyone else.

that way, yoongi knew who was coming in or not but he didn't tell anyone, he wouldn't want the administration to find out and build some sound proof room that prevents him from hearing anything outside of the door.

as expected, the nurse walked in. he knew the nurse, she wasn't completely new to the system, but she was new to the block. like namjoon, she got transferred.

she did a terrible job at hiding her nervousness around some of the 'irritable' patients.

she felt a bit more calm with yoongi, since he only kept quiet.

she then gasped, knocking yoongi away from his gaze and averting it towards her.

"you ate all your food" she says and smiles

yoongi looked towards the left of him and saw the empty mental tray, and then he looked back up at her.

"was it your new guard?" she asked

he nodded.

he wasn't completely sure, but he knew she'd tell higher authority, in turn; probably having namjoon permanently become his personal guard.

yoongi blushed at the thought of seeing namjoon everyday. his chest tightened and warmed as he imagined namjoon coming to check up on him and calling him those pet names.

yoongi was too lost in his imagination to realize the nurse's presence had been replaced with namjoon's.

"hey yoongi" namjoon's voice interrupted his thoughts in the most dashing way.

his husky and smooth voice pierced through any other thing yoongi was thinking about.

"the nurse passed by me and told me you ate all your food, she also said that I'm the only guard you've ever had that has helped you eat" he says as he sits himself down next to yoongi

yoongi nodded and looked towards his bare feet.

namjoon followed his gaze.

immediately, yoongi curled his toes, embarrassed because they're dirty at the bottom.

"your toes are cute sugar" namjoon says as he brings his knees up to his chest to hug them

yoongi blushes subtly and the familiar heat rises again.

"i have a question" namjoon's expression morphs into one more serious

yoongi rose his eyebrows and turned to face namjoon, as a signal to continue.

"why'd you beat that other guard?"

the question automatically triggered his brain to reminisce the horrid events. he could almost feel the memory. his brain couldn't take it, he wanted to yell out but he couldn't. not now.

yoongi began to cry frantically and kick his feet. he began grabbing at his hair whilst shaking his head vigorously.

namjoon thought he was having an attack.

in actuality, he was denying that anything ever happened. he tried to erase the memory as well as convince himself it never happened.

"hey! yoongi, calm down" namjoon tried grasping his wrists to prevent him from hurting himself

"im here with you yoongi!" namjoon stays calm for yoongi

the last thing he wanted to do was call for back up, he knows they'll just taze or sedate yoongi, and the last thing he wanted was to see yoongi hurt.

he felt the need to protect yoongi.. of course that's his job being his guard but, his feeling was different from that of a guard. he felt as if he needed to protect yoongi from the institution, and any harm that tried to come towards yoongi.

"i don't want to call the guards yoongi.. please" namjoon said calmly

with hesitance, yoongi's sporadic movements slowly came to a halt.

his and namjoon's heavy breathing circled the tiny room.

"im always here for you"

begin - jeon jungkook