13

m a y b e I c a n n e v e r f l y

this is the first night namjoon had ever spent sleepless before work

he continuously flipped through files to try and find something that'll re-open yoongi's case again.

because of yoongi's mental condition, the jury never put forth effort to really investigate the case.

they immediately deemed him guilty.

his interest suddenly sparked when the duo were in the commons area earlier.

namjoon was playing an old board game with yoongi.

..."my family and i played board games...

namjoon watched the boy speak, he never spoke unless spoken to. and even then.. it was rare.

....i miss them so much"

he went on whilst looking at the board. namjoon was appalled. he listened and thought about the accusations against yoongi, and how he was a 'merciless monster' or 'killer', how could a 'murder' miss the ones who he 'murdered'?

he surely knew yoongi wasn't THAT crazy. and he knew yoongi was capable of feelings

it only drove his curiosity further when yoongi spoke so lovingly about memories with his family. so, namjoon took it upon himself to personally reopen the case.

he was fascinated with the tiny, frail boy's past, he was so closed and secretive yet he was so interesting. his past was dark and interesting, but he still kept a tunnel vision on proving yoongi innocent !

it's the next day. bright and blinding. namjoon and yoongi were sat criss-cross facing each other, playing a game of 'kai-bai-bo'

it was innocent for the most part... a tactic namjoon came up with to try and dig the truth out of yoongi.

"KAI BAI BO! I win!" namjoon shouted victoriously

yoongi playfully made an expected face.

namjoon's expression quickly morphed into that of confusion. he did not thing he was gonna get this far.

an idea popped into his head as yoongi began to sigh from boredom.

"YOU have to tell me one characteristic you had before you came here" namjoon said