Chapter 3 - Protect the bread

Y/N = Your name
F/C = Favorite color
F/A = Favorite animal
S/C = Skin color
H/C = Hair color
H/L = Hair length

I woke up under dusty sheets. I've gotten used to this for the past few days. It was about to be sunrise so I looked off the balcony. It was snowing, I looked below me and saw Aphmau. I quickly ducked down.  What is she doing up at this hour? She seemed to be talking, to herself? Yet not quite. She mentioned a few people by the names of Kiki, Nicole, and Zane . Zane.  Zane.  Zane. Zane. Zane. He was the one who burned my village. Does she work with him? I knew it. Garroth came behind Aphmau. Zane, he... Wedding proposal... What? I started breathing heavier. He..... Zane.... I swear..... To.... Irene........ Wedding? I honestly didn't care about this Nicole, but I did want to know more about him. Aphmau, I knew I couldn't trust her. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it! She's evil! I didn't want to hear anymore of this conversation. I walked back inside the castle. Instead of staying in that room I marched downstairs. I woke up Malachi and Laurance.

"Why?" I looked at Laurance.

"What?" He looked confused and tired.

"Why, Aphmau? Why do you trust her? She's marrying Zane!" I said, not too loud.

"What!?!" He responded

"I heard her tell Garroth." I looked at Malachi. (I almost wrote Levin. Whoops)

"Do you trust this lady?" I asked him

"Yes. She's getting me away from this place." Malachi answered.

"Malachi, she's marrying them man who killed my family." I said with no emotion.

"Y/N, That was a long time ago." He did not just say that. Im not just letting this go.

"So was your death, yet here we are." That was a sensitive subject for him. He looked hurt

"Whatever. At least I have someone to call family." He responded.

"At least my family didn't abandon me." I told him.

"Are you sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure you never knew your father." He retorted. That was the last straw. He could still feel pain, so I took a dagger from Laurance and through it at him.

"Say something like that again, I dare you." I looked him straight in the eyes.

"Worthless mutt." He muttered.

I took another dagger from Laurance. This time I stood on top of a barrel. Holding the dagger to Laurance's neck.

"Can you two calm down?" Laurance asked. Malachi went to kick the barrel, as he did I hopped on Laurance back.

~Flash back~

I jumped on the head guard's back. He was like an older brother to me. Seeing as he was still very you around 17. Jay and I were running around the outskirts of town.

"Y/N, duck!" Jay shouted. I did as he said. He was shot in the heart with an arrow from an Scaleswind guard.

~Back to real time~

Laurance was trying to get me off of him.

"You have a strong grip for a kid." Laurance said.

"If I give you bread, will you stop?" Malachi asked.

"Yes! Thank you Malachi" I took the apple from him and got off of Laurance's back I gave Malachi a hug for he bread.