Chapter 15 - Warm Welcoming

YN = Your name
F/C = Favorite color
F/A = Favorite animal
N/N = Nick Name
S/C = Skin color
H/C = Hair color
H/L = Hair length
J/N/T = Jury of Nine Title
W/O/C = Weapon of choice

My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the blinding light. I let out a sigh as I tried to sit up, which sent a huge wave of pain into my chest.

"Gah!" It took me by surprise once I looked down and saw bandages around me.

"Ah, you're awake I see." Zoey came into the small room with a clip board.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"You were shot with an arrow during battle. You were brought to an O'khasis medic by a man named Rider, who requested you be taken back to Phoenix Drop as soon as it was possible. You've been out for a week." She explained my situation. Why in the world would Rider bring me to a medic when there's a battle going on?! Wouldn't Jax have helped him at very least? Maybe he stayed behind to help, he would do something like that.

"Since you are awake I shall inform the others." Zoey left for a minute or two, but before she could make her full round of people Malachi was busting through the door.

"Y/N! Are you ok?!" He squished me in a hug, I grunted in pain.

"Oh my Irene, I'm sorry! Did I hurt you?!" He let me out of his embrace.

"I'm fine, Chi." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine?! You got shot with an arrow!"

"I know that. I said in fine."

"Do you need anything? Food? Water? Pillows?" He frantically grabbed everything I could possibly need.

"I'm fine Malachi. I don't need anything," I looked down at my bloody bandages "Although some fresh bandages won't hurt."

"I'll go get Zoey." He rushed out of the room to go get the elf. As he left another male entered the room, Rider.

"Thank Irene you're ok!" He rushed to my bed.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine. So why'd ya atop in battle to get me to get me to a doctor? You could've been killed."

"So could you. That's why I did it, so you wouldn't die." I guess that's a good enough reason to do what he did.

"Next time don't get shot." Rider joked

"I wont, hey I have a question."

"What's your question?"

"Where's Jax? Did he stay behind and fight?" Rider looked at me with sorrow in his eyes.

"He. He didn't make it." Rider choked out.

"I'm not sure I'm following." I tilted me head.

"Jax...died." Rider mumbled, just enough for me to hear. He was on the verge of tears, as was I.

"You're joking right? You're not being serious." I looked at him hopefully, he swayed his head side to side, showing he was telling the truth.

I nodded to him.

"If you'll excuse me I have some duties to do." We said our goodbyes and he was in his way.

I sat quietly until the others came, we talked for a while but sooner or later they all had to go back to their families. With the exception of Malachi everyone left. He didn't leave even though I told him repeatedly I was fine.

So Levin brought him clothes, blankets, and pillows so he can spend the night in my medical room with me.

During the night I was coughing quite a bit, so Malachi gave me his scarf to wrap around my neck. It was rather warm, which helped me dose right back into sleep.

~Author's Note~

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER!! I'M SOOOOOOOO SORRY TO KEEP YOU WAITING! I've been really busy irl with stuff. XD Well, here's your chapter. And as always,

P

eace out