she don't trust us

Slight time skip from the last chapter.

Raritys pov:

It had been a few days since the sleepover and my chat with aj about sunset, However, I couldnt shake the feeling that Aj didnt trust me around her, Things had been so tense lately and she seemed so distant. Everytime I had gone near sunset both aj and starlight were there instantly and it was starting to wind me and sunset up. I was working in the boutique that was now open and was sewing some beads onto my newest creation when my phone buzzed on the counter next to me, so I looked to see who it was. Turns out it was sunset, Business was slow today so I answered it walking out back. "Sunset, darling how nice of you to call whats up?" I Went back out to the front of my store and put up a sign saying I was on break before heading to the little kitchen in the back and sitting down all while listening to sunset "Oh, nothing I'm on break and I'm really bored, plus I'm close to the boutique so I was wondering if I could pop in?" I smiled at the idea of getting to see sunset without applejack and starlight around "Sure the doors unlocked ill be out back" She told me she would be about 5 minutes so I put the kettle on waiting for her. I was unaware that sunset had entered and was busy preparing the drinks until I turned around bumping into her "Jheeze rarity, you need to stop bumping into me like that, people might start to get suspicious" I looked at her giggling "Yes, well darling, if you wasn't so sneaky it wouldn't have happened would it?" She was now smiling at me as we realized how close we were again. I stepped back and so did she before heading to the table pulling a chair out. "Can I offer you a drink darling?" She grinned at me before licking her lips "You can offer me anything" I registered the seduction in sunsets voice but for some reason it made me blush instead of cringe. I lowered my voice to match hers before biting my lip "Oh, I can, can I?" She was biting her lip to now and I hadn't noticed that I had slowly made my way over to her. She stood up slowly before wrapping her hand around my waist and putting her other hand on the side of my face slowly brushing my hair to the side. We realised what we was doing and backed off of eachother "What is going on with us sunset?" She looked down before looking up at me "I don't even know myself anymore rarity" I walked back over to the kettle before returning to sunset handing her a drink. "We need to talk about this" I nodded my head agreeing. There was an awkward silence before sunset spoke "Soo, I don't know exactly why, I'm like this atm but its only when I'm round you, I love starlight, I'm marrying her, so what is it about you that makes me want you instead of her?" I looked away "I don't know but I could ask myself the same thing, its obvious I love aj, I mean shes everything I could want. But then theres you who Im so close with and I just cant stop what happens when I'm around you" we were both really confused and couldn't figure out why our attraction was so strong. then sunset spoke bringing me out of my thoughts "This is gonna be a weird question but, when did you last sleep with aj?" I thought about it "Only a few days ago that's all" She then kept thinking "okay so you last slept with aj a few days ago and I last slept with starlight like a month ago" I clicked on to what she was saying "So you think our attraction is because we haven't been sleeping with our other halfs?" She smiled "yep". I thought about it for a while before agreeing with her, I know it hadn't been long since we last slept together but to go from nothing for so long, to finally having someone, then to nothing again I understood why we was feeling like it. It might also have something to do with the fact me and aj hadn't properly covered the topic of previous relationships and crushes yet as we were both avoiding it. I looked at sunset "So what do we do about this?" Sunset smiled before suggesting that we talk to our other halves about it, I reluctantly agreed. My break was over and sunset had just left, I went back to sewing the last beads before heading home.

(Time skip)

I was now at home sitting on my phone while listening to music when I recieved a text.

(text messages)

AJ) Hey sugarcube ya didnt swing by after work ya alright?

R) hey yeah, sorry darling, do you mind coming over? I want to talk to you about something.

AJ) Sounds important be there soon.

As soon as I sent that text I got worried, this could only end 1 of 2 ways, 1 applejack would understand and help me fix it, or 2 she would accuse me of betrayal then hate herself because she did the same thing and she would leave. I was patiently waiting in my house pacing up and down in my room when I heard applejacks bike outside 'this is it' is all I could think before applejack walked through my door, "heyya sugarcube, you wanted to talk? Is everything okay? " I told her to sit down so she walked over to me bed and sat on the edge. I began speaking, I had to get this over with "aj, It seems that recently I feel that our relationship is starting to go downhill so to speak" I stopped to study her face, she looked scared "go on sugarcube" I walked over and sat next to her putting my hand on her thigh "and it seems that this recent change in our relationship is causing complications" I stopped talking when aj stood up and started pacing "look rarity could you get to the point?" She took her hat off running her hand through her hair. I was taken aback and angry at the outburst from aj and started to get angry myself "Fine you want me to get to the point I shall,  I almost kissed sunset today" I instantly regretted it seeing her face change "I'm sorry what was that?" Her face was now bright red and I could see tears forming in her eyes "It was almost a kiss nothing happened I swear" As soon as I said that she looked at me and left my room. I followed calling after her "AJ, AJ WAIT PLEASE!" She turned around at the front door before looking at me with her deep green eyes. "Look darlin, ah know that you didn't kiss her, and ah know that were having issues, and ah know I'm the reason, ah just can't believe that you would have even considered it, what could be so wrong in our relationship that would make ya wanna be physical with someone else? " I put my hand on the side of her face, please come back upstairs so I can explain. She hesitated at first but I eventually managed to convince her.