Chapter 3

Kailyn's POV

A month finally passed and Nathan deemed me worthy of starting some fighting techniques. Along the way, my wolf had begun to speak with me a bit. She only came out when there was something for her to say. Turns out that stirring feeling in my stomach was her; I had found out her name was Tayla. We're still both healing which was hurting our relationship. Especially when I accidentally pushed her away.

I stretched along the floor. Nobody was here this early in the morning thank goodness. I didn't really feel like working out in front of other people yet. Nathan had told me that he couldn't workout with me today, but Tayla wanted me to workout. She begins to feel better when we push ourselves to the limit.

Making my way over to the arm machines, I heard the door open. Did I just jinx myself? I guess it doesn't really matter.... that much.

BANG!

I got to the end of the mat before being shoved to the ground with an incredible force. I was totally body slammed into the mat and cement. The room echoed with the sound of my head hitting the cement.

Everything was black for a couple seconds. Someone grabbed my ankle then dragged me into the middle of the mat. I tried to turn around but my stomach faced the ground. Then, I yanked my foot only to have fingernails dig into my skin. The person jerked me up by my collar to the point I was choking.

Suddenly, I felt something collide with my cheek and I went back down again.

Who was this person?

"You just have to take everything. Just because you lost your family doesn't mean you have to take mine," was that Joshua? I glanced up to Joshua with his fists clenching and unclenching. His eyebrows went inward and his teeth clenched as his nose crinkled. "Stop acting so worthless, you pig. I know that you mope just so you can get everyone's pity. It's disgusting. You're disgusting."

Even though it wasn't true, I knew that everything was my fault. I know I'm worthless; I know I'm disgusting.

I was flipped over so I was facing the ceiling instead of the ground. Hands wrapped around my neck in that instant. His body was swallowing mine in seconds. I stared deep into his blue eyes trying to figure out what was going on inside.

I didn't really care why he was doing this; it would probably be better if I was gone.

You know, muttered my wolf, with you saying I don't care so many times when things happen makes me think that you really do care. You're just trying to persuade yourself because caring hurts, but was being emotionless helping you? Just think on this for a while.

I did care I was in this situation. I did care that he didn't like me. I did care that I was wasting away. I did care that I was hurting myself in this denial. I did care; I really did. But, what did that matter because this boy seemed intent on hurting me.

Use your head. There will always be an answer there awaiting for you.

Without really thinking, I let instinct kick in. I think that's what she meant by using my head since she was inside my head.

I put my hands on his arms criss crossing them and gripped hard. Before he could try to pull away, I lifted my hips up as best as I could since he was on my legs. Then, I brought them back down hugging his arms to me. Using my strength, I pulled my legs out from underneath him and to the side. Afterwards, I got my legs between his arms and let his arms go. Quickly, I grabbed them again only not criss crossed this time. I began to kick his face. My last kick was so powerful to his chest that I was flipped over.

At least, I was away from him now.

He eyed me with his swollen face warily. Things weren't going so well with him I guess. But, he had another thing coming at him if he thinks I'm just going to let this go.