Chapter 5

Throughout the years, we've been hurling through high school. Josh, Harley, Travis, and I finished just six months ago. We began our new journey with online college as well; Gracie and Michael have gotten their way into high school online way before they were supposed. I think that was because of our influence.

Joshua was getting special classes to be an Alpha by Nathan plus an online class. I found the online class a little weird, though. Harley and Travis were getting the same treatment for their title in the pack. You just didn't become a higher up by being born in that place; you had to go through training and lessons that would help.

Two days ago, Josh had left with Harley and Nathan to be introduced to our neighboring packs. This was a great opportunity to comprehend how other packs work. They needed to create their own style that not only work for them but as well as the pack; it was a terribly complex process that I had no desire to be a part of.

All that I cared about was getting through the general college classes and training. I wanted to get them out of the way before I figured out what I wanted to do. Besides, training was the most important thing otherwise I would never be able to save my siblings; being the best fighter was my only option in life right now. I was going to track down my siblings and save them no matter what.

I was in the middle of finishing my essay that was due tomorrow when I smelt Joshua's scent. Well, the assignment was due only because I wanted to finish this semester early. Without thinking, I used my speed to zoom down the stairs in the kitchen. It took me three seconds so I knew that I had accidently used my immortal speed. It was the one thing I didn't want people to find out just in case they take it the wrong way.

There was another scent swirling around Joshua that I didn't know; it was what drove me to go so fast. Another two were off near Harley and Travis. Were these three knew to the pack? The one next to Joshua was definitely his mate.

We have another one to add to the family!

I couldn't help but chuckle at her excitement. When Rachel and Antonio get back, they'll be overjoyed for him.

"Kailyn," exclaimed Joshua, "this is my mate, Taylor. Taylor, this is my sister." His eyes were almost glittering with a huge smile illuminating his face.

"It's an honor to meet you," I chuckled. "You must be amazing to get him this excited."

She presented me a glowing smile although her eyes skittered back and forth between us siblings.

"Can I hear the story of how you two met?"

"Sure," answered Josh, "but after I get Taylor and her friends situated." He sent a look to Taylor who reciprocated it.

Curiously, I sniffed the air realizing their scents were already mixed. It was so faint that I could barely tell they had finished the mating process. Did they use scent concealer so nobody would know?

"I'll be looking forward to it." I lowered my voice a bit, "See you Josh, Luna." Luna was brought out in a long two syllables so they knew I knew they were mated.

Skipping away, I could feel their startled gazes. Luna wasn't used for the Alpha's mate until they had fully completed the process.

It wasn't until three hours later that Joshua met me in my room. He shuffled to my bed before giving me a hug. "I did it," he whispered.

"All I did was walk into the pack's house following my instincts. I could feel a relaxing sense of peace. It was nothing I have ever felt before. Even though everything in me was telling me that it wasn't right to just fall in love right there, I did. Her smile, the way she just lite up, the imperfections of her body and speech, all the things people find annoying I found adorable. I think she's amazing; I hope you're able to see her the way I do."