Chapter 16

"Hilda's people are greeting the Alpha's and are present as chauffeurs so blend in with them. The others need to guard the perimeter; make sure nobody comes in that aren't Alphas. Unit 1, half of you are to walk around the rooms for surveillance. The rest of you are to follow me. Remember, don't confront the Alphas no matter how much they patronize you. You're here for a safety precaution because of all the Alphas in one spot. If anything gets out of hand, call me through the radio. Okay, that's all! Go have fun." With that, I spun around to find Hilda. After we arrived, I assigned everyone stations. We worked hard to get this place secure for a large group of Alphas and now we were about to put everything into practice. I wasn't worried about my team one bit, just how the Alphas will react to each other.

We decided to stay close in case anything went wrong with explanations. Two minds against the Alphas is better than one. We had about thirty minutes before the first couple of Alphas would arrive; everyone was on edge because nobody had any idea how they would take this.

Alphas swarmed in minutes later. They found someone they knew and began to chat while others just stood awkwardly around the room. Although many didn't exude it, they still hesitantly glancing around.

Then, there was Craig and his allied packs. They were the only ones sitting, appearing at ease. Another Alpha stepped up to the table. Getting Alpha Fajra's attention, he introduced him to everyone. In turn, he introduced them to his friends.

It's good they started the chain reaction otherwise this would've been doomed from the start.

You got that right.

Craig's eyes lifted up to meet mine. He flashed a smirk then pointed in my direction. The rest of the group turned. Great, now everyone was looking at me.

'I can't some over right now; she doesn't want me interacting until the end of her speech.'

'When will she start?'

'I would say sometime soon. Right now, we're waiting for a couple more Alphas. Just keep introducing Alphas to each other and get conversations flowing. Then, we'll have the first step completed.' The doors opened to reveal two more Alphas as Hilda marched in with a guard. 'I'll talk to you in a bit.'

Breaking eye contact with him, I realized how much attention was on us. Some of the people moved their heads back and forth between us. Straightening up, pressing the com on my earpiece, I lead Hilda to the stage.

"Okay fluffballs, it's time to light this place up!" I exclaimed into the earpiece. I got some laughs and grunts from my crew.

One of Hilda's members gave her a microphone then she leapt up on the table--which was our makeshift stage. Her tongue clicks into the microphone gathering everyone's attention in a snap.

"Okay, to recap on what everyone should know, this conference is for you. The council may be the government but you officially run this country. I might get shot saying that though; seriously, you never know-" I cleared my throat loudly which made her glance at me. "Sorry. We stand in place to keep order throughout the werewolf and humans parts of this country. Someday, they will find out about our existence. That's why we must work together in case anything like the Sabrina case might happen again or the humans attack. This opportunity is for you to make allies who understand what it's like to be in your position. The folks in this room can give you advice and support; these are the people you can confide in when your pack has no answers. Please use this time to mingle and make friends."

"Why does the council care now? You just have to bash your rules on us then leave us alone!" yelled a sneering male off to my right.

"You all know about the new addition to our council correct?" There were various noises of acknowledgement." Many of us in the council are afraid to go against the elder Immortals because they refuse to change the laws even though this world is changing without them. Kailyn Ortivo, whom is standing behind me, didn't let that stop her. She's told of many reformations that aid all the werewolves of this country. Her life literally revolved around Alphas like you so she has your best interest in mind."