Chapter 7

A/N

Things are going to get a little rough here on out emotionally; I hope you'll stay with me until the end because I promise it'll get better.

Hibernation Period

The ground up turned in mounds upon mounds of fresh lumps of nicely molded dirt. Harley and Travis sat in between the bulging lumps in the ground. They were next to their families as well. Our guards left not wanting to stay in this cemetery any longer so they went back to the Woodland Furs Pack.

Michael's and Gracie's graves were laden with tears as the other two cried. I had climbed up a tree watching the other two grieve. My thoughts weren't connecting to each other; it was like I had no control over my brain. Everything was just a blur. The stars sparkled up the night illuminating the ground in an eery light.

It had taken us hours to bury all the members properly. I had noticed that a few members were missing that lead to the conclusion: that we maybe did have infiltrators.

My eyes gradually lifted for the sky as the breeze picked up. Things were changing drastically and my brain couldn't keep up. I couldn't stop it.

That we were statues awaiting the dawn bringing a new determination. This determination fueled our resolve and battered bodies to catch whoever did this to our loved ones. Our lips scrunched together as we made our way to our allied pack. We were going to burn the culprits to a nice crisp before we die.

The Alpha was already awaiting our timely return with the Rachel, Aaron, and Amber. With the recent events, I had completely forgotten the Alpha's name. This seemed to becoming a habit of mine.

"We've already accommodated your guards and your rooms into the pack house." Gulping down some saliva, the Alpha continued. "If you would like, I would love to take you in as members of my pack. Of course, I'll see to it that your power will stay as it is. Regarding the matter we discussed earlier, I think we'll need your involvement more than ever now. You may choose whichever placement you deem is worthy in my pack."

My eyes narrowed at his statement. Why would he allow wolves that are of high rank to choose their placements? Wouldn't that cause a problem with the other high ranking wolves within this pack? I understand that it would make the pack stronger, but that's not how you invite members in. At least, that's not what Nathan and Joshua did.

We began to migrate towards a five-story building that had gardens on every side. The smell of freshly cut grass wafted into my nose. Some members sat on benches or worked in the garden as we went past.

"Sir," Travis spoke with a gravelly voice, "we have a manner that must be discussed with your high rankers if we wish to stay. I believe it's paramount to protecting your pack."

He nodded curtly as anything regarding the current events weren't pretty. "I'll have Aaron escort you around the pack and to your rooms. If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask. We'll meet up in the meeting room after lunch. Come on, Hun," he laced his fingers with his mate before turning towards another building.

His name is Eligh. Do I have to remember everything for you?

Shut up.

Trees were scattered across the ground around the gardens. Buildings were placed quite randomly as cottages were thrown about. This created a town effect that was pleasing to the eyes. It was a nice place to be. The five-story house--that I assumed was the pack house-- was made out of bricks bringing a vintage look. Everything inside was modern down to the last utensil.

We were lead up to the top floor and down to the end of the hall. There was only one staircase on the left side of the house. Each set up reminded me more of an apartment building than anything else. Apparently, the people who lived alone were in the pack house while everyone else had a cottage.