Chapter 3

Chapter Three - Behind the Masks

"Where are you going?" The voice sounded out roughly into the morning. The sun was still climbing it's way up into the sky and the brisk air was almost chilling to the bone. Even though it was almost February, the weather was still not warming up and it felt as if it would snow at any time. A man was standing in a foyer, his arms crossed over his chest, the sleeves of his kimono long. He was a larger man, very muscular and with a stern face. His hair was a bright amber color which made the scowl on his face more threatening.

Shouta looked over at his father and scoffed, "Work, you lousy father."

Osamu's face instantly dropped and his lips stuck out as he pouted, he turned to the slim woman beside him, pulling on her arm as he whined, "Honey, Shouta called me lousy."

Shouta's mother was lithe and yet still looked like she could win in a fight. Her long light brown hair was pulled into a thick bun, and she looked unamused. Chika lifted an eyebrow as if this was not a new statement, she tried not to roll her eyes as she responded, "He's right. You are lousy. Go get back to work."

Shouta's hair was the same color as his mother's, a light brown but with some streaks of amber highlighting the strands. His eyes were the only thing that did not look like either of his parents. Where his dads eyes were a bright green, his mothers were a vivid blue. Shouta's eyes were a mix of the two and the only thing he seemed to have inherited from his father.

Even as his father pouted to his wife, Shouta thought that it might really be a good thing he hadn't picked up any of his father's traits.

"But I really, really, don't want to." Osamu whined in a very childlike voice. He still had his lip out and his hands clenched around Chika's arm.

Shouta groaned, unable to resist it any longer. "Too bad, Dad, you've got a lot of stuff to do today."

With a narrowing glance, Osamu looked over at his son, his eyes almost accusing. "How do you know? You don't even want to succeed me." He then paused, and let go of his wife, taking a few steps towards his one and only son. His tone became series in a instant. "I know you think you shouldn't since you're an omega, but you have the brains and talent for it."

Osamu put his hands on his son's shoulder, his fingers lightly brushing against the teal scarf wrapped around his neck. Shouts moved away from his dad before the scarf could fall any further away from his neck then it already was. "I don't want to succeed you, Dad. Have Kurose do it."

From the shadows, like a ninja, a man appeared beside Shouta, on one knee and his head slightly lowered, "You called Young Master?"

Shouta screamed loudly and jumped away from his father, glaring vehemently down at the man kneeling on the ground. "What the freaking hell, Kurose!! Don't appear out of nowhere like that!"

"I heard my name," Kurose said, his head still lowered, looking at the ground, "so I have arrived."

"Well go unarrive or something." Shouta grumbled under his breath before walking over to the front door to slip on his shoes. "I need to go to work." He reminded the two hyper males behind him. One was enough, now two?

"Why are you working there Shouta?" Osamu asked, his serious tone still there. When Shota looked back at him, his arms were crossed over his chest, his face scrunched together in confusion.

Shouta sighed, and spoke the truth, "Because I love working with the children."

The confusion was still plastered on his father's face before a look of almost pleading rippled across his expression before disappearing. "Just have a lot of your own children and succeed me."