Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

After thirteen long hours of helping out Ren with his cafe, and several bouts of nausea, Shouta collapsed into one of the vacated chairs. He sighed into the table, his arms outstretched. Along with the nauseous feeling that had lasted hours, Shouta also became aware of his increased sensitivity to smells. The smell of garlic caused him to shudder and the thought of pickles made his mouth water. His increased appetite made it hard not to eat everything he saw, but he resisted until his breaks to stuff his face.

One of the other things he had noticed during the day was his increased libido. He had thought that last night had only been because of the smell of Ren's pheromones, but any time Ren neared him, his stomach clenched in anticipation only to be shot down. Running around the entire day with all of those new sensations had exhausted him.

The light touch that ran down his spine made Shouta moan aloud. Curling into the touch like a content cat, Shouta turned his head and smiled at Ren.

All day Ren had kept a close eye on Shouta, he didn't want him to have another episode like he did that morning so every chance he had he had shoved a little bit of food Shouta's way along with a glass of water. Anytime his face started to change to a different color, Ren would stop him from doing whatever it was and make him sit down a bit.

Since it was a Sunday, Akira had the day off so she could study and do her projects that she could not during the week. Ren had decided this when she had first started working for him because since he did not have Misaki, he did not need help. Even though Akira wanted the time and the money, she had conceded to Ren because his teacher side would always show through during times like that.

Akira had not reacted at all when Ren had mentioned to her that Shouta was going to be living with him upstairs. She had simply shrugged her shoulders and clicked her tongue. Ren did not know that she had been thinking of how to break this slowly to Hana as not to break her heart.

She had decided that she would take Hana out to a meal on their next day off and let her know. The two mates within Ren's small cafe did not know, that as they were beginning to relax from their day, that the two girls were meeting up at Akira's apartment for dinner.

Ren was standing behind Shouta, his lips curled and his face alight with emotions. He loved just looking at Shouta's profile. Those teal eyes like oceans that one could lose themselves in, he wanted so badly for their child to have exact eyes like that. His fingertips continued to stroke and soothe along Shouta's back as he asked, "How are you feeling now?"

Shouta closed his eyes, feeling comfortable where he was, laying stretched out atop of the table. "I'm okay, starving though."

Ren murmured soothing words under his breath. Then his fingers paused on Shouta's back as if he remembered something. He ran his fingers up to Shouta's exposed neck and traced the mark there. "Jun texted me earlier and asked if the three of them could come over for dinner."

Not even moving, Shouta sighed, "What did you tell him?"

"That I'd see them soon." Ren replied with a cheeky grin. "But if you're tired, you can go take a nap and I'll wake you up when they arrive."

At this Shouta's eyes snapped open. He glared at Ren, his eyes as turbulent as rough seas. "No, it's okay." He swiveled his chair around and moved to stand up, but even as he did so, his face paled considerably and his knees began to tremble. Being stubborn, he continued to rise to his feet, "I'll help you make dinner."

"Nope." Ren chidded, pushing Shouta back down softly, his face close to his mate's. Ren's breath fanned across Shouta's face, and the smell of him, the smell of home, made him shudder. Shouta was still without color on his face, his eyebrows scrunched together as if in pain. Ren clicked his tongue, "You're not allowed. You stay right there off your feet or else."