Try my best

Shawn's pov
I leave for rehab. I hope Y/n changes her mind before I lose my mind.

Lilia's pov
After practice I walk out of the gym. "Lilia," I hear a familiar voice say. I turn and see Axel. I keep walking. "Lilia we need to talk," Axel says. I stop. "Follow me," he says. We walk to the playground, under the slides.
"Lilia why haven't you been talking to me? I thought we were friends." "Axel it's not you, so much has been going on in my life and I don't know how to control it." "Go on." I look at him strangely.
"Tell me what's been going on." "Don't tell anyone, but my dad went to rehab this morning and he has a drinking problem, my brother Michael is constantly getting in fights with my parents and he even ditched school."
"Wow, I'm sorry," Axel says. He hugs me. I don't know what came over me, but I kiss Axel's cheek. I hear a gasp behind me. I turn around and see Kaden with Axel's brother Riley. "I got to go." I run out of there as fast as I can.
After my mom drives me home, I run to my room crying. I hear a knock. "Go away!" I yell. "Open up Lilies." Michael. He's the only person who calls me Lilies. I open it. "What's wrong?" He asks.
"Leave me alone," I say. "Lilia please." I let him in my room. "Michael why do you care about me now?" He looks at me dumbfounded. "I've always cared ever since I met you at the hospital, plus since dad is gone I'm trying to help mom with the dad things dad does." I nod. We sit on my bed.
"I kissed a boy's cheek." Michael makes a shocked face. "Is this Axel we're talking about?" He says in a girl voice. I punch his arm. "Lilies if you like him, go for it." I smile. "Thanks Michael."

Shawn's pov
After therapy I go to the lobby and play on the piano. "I'm not trying to start a fire with this flame, but I'm worried that your heart might feel the same. And I have to be honest with you baby tell me if I'm wrong or this crazy. But I got you this rose and I need to know, will you let it die or let it grow," I sing.
I feel my heart ache. "And you can tell me to stop if you already know though I'm not sure if my heart can take it. But the look on your face says 'don't let me go'." I finish the song and I hear people clap.
I turn around. "Thank you," I say. Then I get an idea. When Y/n comes to get me, I should play her our wedding song. Try my best.

*Flashback* *wedding day*
"And now the bride and groom's first dance." Y/n puts her arms around my neck and I put my hands on her hips. "Hubby I love you," she whispers. "I love you wifey," I whisper back. She rests her head on my chest.
"Promise to hold you close and be there everyday. I swear I love you more no matter what you say. And if we lost it all and there was nothing we could, oh I'll try my best for you. Oh I'll try my best for you," I sing quietly.
Y/n looks up at me and smiles. I kiss her and she kisses back. "Oh I'll try my best for you, oh I'll try my best for you," she sings back. "Promise to hold you close be there everyday," I sing.
"I swear I love you more no matter what you say." "And if we lost it all and there was nothing we could do." "Oh I'll try my best, oh I'll try my best, oh I'll try my best for you," we sing together and at the end we kiss.
*End of flashback*

Your pov
You're in your bathroom after taking a shower. You notice something on your arm. The matching tattoo you got with Shawn. The Roman numerals of your wedding date. You feel tears stream down.
Even if you divorce Shawn, he'll always be there in your heart and on your arm. You dry your tears and change into your pajamas. You can't sleep. You're so used to Shawn sleeping right next to you. "What the hell was I thinking?"

(A/n: I don't know Wattpad's copyright rules so, the first song was "roses" by Shawn Mendes and the second was "try my best" by Shawn Mendes, and it's unreleased.)