• Chapter 3 • Dead man talking •

Nurse Osbourne is pictured above - Selena Gomez

Tig's P.O.V

I had been worrying for the past 3 days. What if Fawn wasn't going to be alright? What if the help she's getting only makes her worse? Loads of thoughts kept going through my head and I thought to myself I need to phone and make sure she's okay.

I got my phone from my pocket and dialled Fawns number. The phone rang a couple times before she picked up. "Dad?" She asked, shock was present in her voice. "Yeah darling, I just wanna make sure you're okay. Dawn told me what's been happening" I say, sitting down on a bench outside the clubhouse. "Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?" Fawn asked in confusion. "She told me about the bulimia, Fawn" I said softly, hoping she wouldn't get angry. "Wait, Dawn said I had Bulimia?" She asked me. "You don't?" I asked her, burying my eyebrows. "No, why? What did she say?" Fawn asked me. "She said that you had been dealing with Bulimia and she needed $12,000 to get you help but you couldn't afford it and neither could Dawn so I gave her the money" I told her, sighing afterwards at the thought of Dawn lying to me to get money. "Daddy, Dawn lied to you. I'm fine, I'm at home with my boyfriend. Dawn lied to you....to get money" She said softly. I was speechless. My own daughter lied to me, and conned me out of $12,000. "Dad, are you okay?" Fawn asked. "Yeah baby, don't worry about it. I'll handle it" I say. I ended the call after we said our goodbyes.

I pulled a joint out my pocket and sparked it up. "You okay? Looks like something's upsetting you" Clay said as he walked outside. I nodded. "Fawn doesn't have Bulimia" I told him and took a puff from the joint. "Dawn lied to me, for money" I informed him. "Jesus Christ" Was his reply. I nodded. "Are you gonna ask for the money back?" Clay asked me and I shook my head, taking a draw from the joint. "Nah, she must've needed the money for something and couldn't tell me" I said and clay looked at me. "It could be drugs, Tig" He said quietly. "It wasn't, I could tell just by looking at her that it wasn't drugs" I say and Clay nods. "Well, it's up to you brother" He said and got up, patting me on the back.

Kayla's P.O.V

I could hear a slight chat going on around me and I attempted to open my eyes but I was met with brightness. I struggled to open them but finally, I could see. I was in a hospital. And as soon as I realised that, I remembered what happened.

"Kayla baby" My mom said and came over, giving me a hug and kissing my forehead. "Hi, mom" I said, giving her a small smile. She sat down in the small chair which was beside my bed and held my hand. "You're lucky" My mom paused. "A couple more millimetres to the right and you would've been dead" She continued. "Well I'm not, so don't worry" I say to her and she smiles. "I know baby" My mom said.

"Where's Jax?" I ask her, worrying about what he said to the nurses about how I got shot. "He's getting a coffee, he's been here since you got brought in and he's had barely any sleep" My mom tells me and I nod. "Will he be back soon?" I ask. "Yeah" She tells me and I give a little smile.

As my mom said, a couple minutes later Jax walked in with a coffee in his hand. He looked at me and immediately smiled. "Kayls" He said and put his coffee on the table beside me. "You feeling okay?" Jax asks me and I say yeah as he gives me a hug, squeezing me lightly. As he let go I asked him what he said to the doctors and he tells me that he told them that him and his friends were doing shooting practise in the woods and I never realised so I walked in front of a bullet. I nodded in reply and he sat down.

"The nurse, Nurse Osbourne, said that she'll need to confirm the story with you but the police also need to know it was 100% an accident so they don't need to do a case" Jax informs me. "Yeah, accident" I reply, sarcastically. Jax chuckles a little and my mom just sighs, slightly shaking her head.

An hour had passed and me, Jax and our mom had just been chatting and playing cards. We got interrupted by a knock and my mom answered it. A nurse with brown hair and eyes stood at the door, clipboard in hand. (This Nurse is gonna have an important part in this story, and no it's not Tara). "You're awake, Kayla" She smiled and Gemma let her in. "I'm Nurse Osbourne, I'll be the nurse looking after you for the next couple of days until you're well enough to be released" the nurse told me and I nodded in reply. "So, not much damage was done, a couple millimetres to the right though and you would've been seriously hurt or even dead. Luckily that never happened though. We need to keep you in for atleast 3 days and you'll be taken off the oxygen tomorrow or the day after tomorrow" She told me and I nodded to show her I was taken it in. "We need to hear what happened though, Jackson and Gemma could we be alone for a moment" Osbourne asked my brother and mom. "Yeah sure" Jax said and they both left, shuttling the door quietly behind them.

The nurse sat down and smiled at me, flipping a piece of paper on the clipboard and getting a pen ready. "So, just walk me through what happened. Please try and add as much detail as possible." She said and looked at me. "So, me, my brother and his friends went to the woods just so they could do some shooting practise. I left 5 minutes after them and never realised where they were shooting so I accidentally walked in front of them while they were shooting and one of their bullets hit me, I don't really remember much from it though" I tell her and she writes everything down. "That's fine, the police will be notified and they won't get involved" she smiled at me and stood up. "I'll check up on you later" The nurse told me and left the room.

As soon as the nurse left the room Jax and my mom returned. "Everything okay?" My mom asked and I nodded in reply. "Yeah, police aren't getting involved. I guess they bought the story" I informed them. Both of them nodded and sat back down.

Jax's P.O.V

Once I knew Kayla was okay, I returned to the clubhouse and climbed to the roof. I sat down with my fathers manuscript and continued reading it. I lit a joint and read while I smoked.

I read for about an hour before climbing back down. "Clay, can I speak to you?" I asked as I walked back into the clubhouse. He nodded and walked over to me. "What's up" he asked and we sat down. "I know my dad didn't want to get into the gun business" I told him and he looked at me. "And how do you know that?" Clay asked me. "That doesn't matter, what does matter is that we both know the gun business is gonna get ATF up our asses if we continue" I said. "So how do you suggest that we get our money, and I don't just mean a few dollars here and there" He says, his voice filled with annoyance. "We get the porn business up and running again, it's gonna earn us money and it's not gonna have ATF written all over it" I said and clay clenches his fists. "Look, son. We've been in this gun business for a long long time and I'm not just gonna cut it off" He said and I sighed. "You can. And you need to, I have a 4 year old son and I can't risk going to jail and not coming out until he's a teenager" I say with an annoyed tone. "I'm not gonna talk about this" He said and got up, walking away. "Then when will you talk about it? I'm not risking my ass when we can earn money straight" I say, loud enough for people to hear and turn their head. "You better watch that time boy" Clay said and pointed his finger to me. "Or what? You gonna shove one of our illegal guns up my ass and pull the trigger?" I said and he came towards me. He pushed me into the wall and I threw a clean punch, making him stumble back. "Okay, Jackie boy, that's enough" Chibs says, splitting us up as clay wipes his now bloody lip. "You son of a bitch" Clay says under his breathe, walking away into the chapel.

Yes, some parts of the story is based off of the actual Series so I hope you guys don't think I'm ruining it. Because I have the chapter ideas written out I should be uploading chapters every 1/2 days but if the book gets more popular then it's gonna be every 4-7 days just because I would want to make the chapters longer. :) -T x