• Chapter 19 • No goodbye •

A/N - Please listen to the song while you read this chapter, I feel as if it goes well with it :)

Today was the day me and Juice were leaving. He knew everything yet he didn't know that I was leaving the club.

I'm not sure if Juice would agree with my decision of leaving the club but I didn't want Jaime growing up around it all and being put in danger. I didn't want to be in the same club as jax, or my dad I should say. I wanted a normal life from here on out and I was making sure that it would happen.

Jax, Tara , Gemma and everyone from the club had been trying to call and text me for days but no one had came to the door. I need space. For 18 years I had been told that J.T was my dad and that Gemma was my mom. I understood that they probably had their reasons but I hadn't been told the truth until I was 18 and the fact it came from Clay not my dad, my mom or Gemma.

As I was getting comfortable on the sofa I heard the apartment buzzer go and I rolled my eyes. Juice was away with a van moving everything from the apartment to Indian Hills so I knew it wasn't him and so I thought the only other person it could be was someone from the club, my dad, my mom or Gemma.

I sighed and got up, walking towards the apartment phone. I pressed the button slowly. "Hello?" I questioned threw the speaker. "Kayls, it's me" I heard the familiar voice of my dad speak through. I sighed for a moment and knew that I had to face him sometime and I guess I should do it now. "Come up then" I said softly and pressed the 'door open' button, giving him access.

After about a minute I heard the door open and I spun myself around. I saw my dad at the door. He looked tired and as if he hadn't slept for days. His eyes were bloodshot and he had bags under his eyes.

"I'm surprised you let me in without kicking up shit" He said quietly and moved towards the sofa. "Well I would've had to face you at some point" I said truthfully as he sat down beside me.

"I know you're angry at everyone for not telling you but it was for your own good, honestly" My dad sighed as he looked at me with a gloomy look plastered on his face. "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't I grow up knowing you were my dad?" I questioned and muted the TV. "Me and Tara were 16 when she fell pregnant. She was my first love but yet we didn't know how to raise a baby, we weren't ready. Tara wanted to get an abortion but I told her that my mom, your grandma, could look after you, raise you as her own. You would still be in our lives, even if you didn't know the truth. We have always loved you, ever since Tara was pregnant. We knew that letting my mom raise you was the best option because we knew we would still be there. Anyway, when me and Tara were 19 she went to Chicago and left me heartbroken. You were 3 and I didn't know if she was ever coming back. That's when I met Wendy and we got married. Tara was gone 10 years and I knew I couldn't tell you then because you would've thought your mom abandoned you, I thought Tara abandoned us. Tara came back just before we found out Wendy was pregnant with Abel. We were in contact with each other but nothing so serious. We thought you wouldn't understand and so we decided it would be best not to tell you. I'm so sorry, baby. I love you Kayla, more than anyone and I didn't want you to get hurt by the truth" He spoke sympathetically, he sounded as if he was choked with tears.

"I love you too, Ja-. Dad" I sighed, placing my head in my hands. "But I think the best thing right now is to get away and have some space, maybe even come back when I'm ready. Moving away is the best option right now and I know it will hurt people, probably me the most but I need time to think" I said truthfully and he nodded in agreement. "I need to go but just, think it through. Please" My dad said, standing up and heading towards the door. "I love you" He said as he shut the door behind himself.

When he left I started crying, I knew I was wanted and loved but just knowing that I only found out when I was 18 hurt me.

-