• Chapter 16 • Deal with the devil •

It had been 6 months since the argument between me and clay and to say things had been sorted, well that would be a lie.

We argued every single day and now my mom and him had broken up. He beat her till she had no effort to even get up.

Some good news though was that Thomas was now walking, Abel had started pre-school and Jaime was crawling about the place at around 100mph.

I'm from Scotland so I'm not sure what age people start pre-school etc.

At the moment in time, we were standing in the middle of nowhere. If clays decisions hadn't been bad enough, we're now involved with the Galindo Cartel, muling coke.

"Remind me why I joined this club again?" Bobby leaned into me as we saw two cars coming down the tracks. "I'm thinking the same thing" I whispered back as the cars pulled up.

Out came Romeo and his fellow helper, Louis from one SUV. Then from the other SUV, his other two guys came out. Ramirez and Carlos unloaded a crate from the back of the truck and then placed it in front of us.

"30 keys" Romeo said, pointing to the wooden crate which was placed right in front of Clay. "When do you want the guns?" Clay asked Romeo. "Wednesday, will your next shipment be in then?" He asked and clay nodded in reply. "We've already got it" Clay informed Romeo and his guys. "Good" Romeo nodded and whistled at Carlos for him to bring the money. "300k, all in 20's" Romeo said as Carlos placed two black bags in front of Jax.

"We'll contact you before Wednesday to arrange a meet, it'll only be Jax and Tig as ATF are starting to get up our ass" Clay said to Romeo as Jax picked up the cash. "Sounds good" Romeo replied and we parted ways.

- -

We arrived back to TM and I immediately smiled when I seen Abel playing with Jaime, trying to teach her to colour in. I walked over and Abel smiled at me then went back to giving Jaime all his attention. He loved having a little cousin as much as he loved being a big brother and it was adorable.

"Abel, she's only 7 months old" I laughed at Abel's attempt to hand Jaime a crayon. "But I think she'll be a fast learner" He smiled back at me, finally giving up. "Just you like you, munchkin" I laughed and pinched his cheek, only for him to slap my hand away playfully.

"Kayla, I need to speak to you. Now!" Clay said to me as he walked past. "Look after Jaime, I'll be back soon" I smiled at Abel and he nodded in reply, going back to his colouring book.

I followed Clay to the chapel and he shut the doors after we entered. He pulled his chair out and I sat in the chair which is normally Tigs.

"I know you have a problem with me but you can't let that get in between us and the club" Clay spoke and he sparked a cigar. "My problem with you has to do with the club, and the fact you beat my mom till she couldn't get up so dont tell me I can't let 'our problems' get in between us and the club" I said, my voice raising slightly towards the end. "Your mom and me have our own problems, you don't know what happened. Now, what problem do you have with me and the club?" He asked, looking me directly in the eyes. "I don't need to know what happened, you're supposed to love her! And my problem with you and the club? Ever since you sat at the head of that table you've just made decisions for the good of yourself, Tig May not be able to say it but we all do. Piney sees it and he used to be your best friend. You got us into muling cocaine for the galindo cartel when you know this club doesn't agree with drugs, yet we are now the ones supplying it to dealers" I said and pulled a smoke from my packet which sat in my pocket. "The coke was part of the deal" Clay said bluntly. "And it's not getting dealt in charming so what's the problem?" He added to his last comment. "My problem? Drugs almost killed my nephew. What if that happens to another baby and they're not that lucky? You don't think about that do you? We've never agreed with drugs, and I'm not sure what you said to Jax to get him to agree with it but it's not right. I know that, you know that and everyone else knows it" I said, taking a puff from my smoke afterwards.

Clay sighed and never spoke for about a minute. "We have to do this! Have you seen the money! Jax is doing this to get money to get away from Charming and make sure his boys have a life away from the club and danger" He spoke, not breaking eye contact. "Jax wouldn't need to get the money to get away from the danger if you never got the club into guns! J.T didn't want guns to happen and now look at us" I said angrily. "J.T wanted this club to be full of Harley Enthusiasts just like we all say we are but we're not anymore, we're criminals. We're done now" I continued and stabbed my smoke out in the ashtray near by. I stood up and looked back at clay who was about to say something and then shut his mouth.

"I can't wait for the day that gavel gets put in someone else's hand" I spat at him before leaving the chapel and heading outside.

-

It hit 7pm and I was sitting cradling Jaime in my moms. I didn't want to be alone in Juice's and so I decided to stay at my moms for the night since Juice was away guarding the Coke.

In the past 6 months I had moved in with Juice, his apartment was a one bedroom but until we save the money to get a house then his apartment was perfect.

Jaime finally fell asleep in my arms and was snoring softly. I got up, making sure not to wake her, and carried Jaime in my arms to my old room.

My old room now had a double bed plus a crib for whenever I decided to stay at my moms.

As soon as I was finished putting Jaime to bed, I went back to the lounge. I sat on the sofa and switched 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' on.

A few minutes into it I heard the door open. I spun around and saw Jax walk in. "What're you doing here?" I asked him as he looked around. "I left a couple files here" He told me and and went to walk to the spare room. "I was cleaning up and found one, it funnily enough had 'ATF' written on it so me being curious I opened it. To my surprise I found out that you're in the middle of making a deal with that ATF bitch, Stahl" I spoke and pulled the file behind me. Jax spun around and looked around awkwardly.

"What Jax? First of all Clay gets us into drugs and now you're making a deal with ATF? Jimmy for immunity" I said and stood up, file in my hand. "Kayla, it's not like that" Jax said, shaking his head at me. "Then what is it like, Jax? We wouldn't need the immunity if it wasn't for that bastard, Clay!" I exclaimed, making sure not to raise my voice that loud so Jaime would wake up. "You'll find out soon" Jax replied and grabbed the file out of my hand.

"You just made a deal with the devil, Jax"

Hope you like this chapter! I know I skipped the whole part where Kayla was pregnant and then 6 months on but this is gonna be the last time jump until the last chapter. -T x